Search Unity

Point cloud Ids

Discussion in 'AR' started by jimmya, Dec 6, 2018.

1. jimmya

jimmya

Requested new feature is now in : point cloud ids - have been in ARKit since 1.5, but finally exposed to C#.
    Added an example scene for usage. Let us know how you get creative with this!

Thanks.

2. areavisuale

areavisuale

Hi jimmya, I don't know if it's related to this, but I updated my app from arkit 1.5 to 2.0. The first works, the second freezes with an error from xCode: Use of undeclared identifier 'pointCloud' (I attached a screenshot). Do you know where's the problem? I use Unity 2018.1

Attached Files:

3. jimmya

jimmya

You seem to have some local changes on your copy of the plugin.

4. areavisuale

areavisuale

Yes, I personalized the way to instantiate my prefab when I find a plane, but it worked with arkit 1.5
    I modified the code in this way:
    - found the first plane, set a variable to avoid the creation of other planes
    - registered the name of the plane (unityarutility.cs) using
    Code (CSharp):
    1. string name = arPlaneAnchor.identifier;
    - used the name of the plane to instantiate my prefab son of that plane
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  Transform anchor1 = GameObject.Find(name).GetComponent<Transform>();
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UnityEngine.Object creation = Instantiate(bundle.LoadAsset(AssetNameAR), position1, rotation1, anchor1);
    The remote app seems broken, it crashes everytime, so I cannot see in Unity if something changed from arkit 1.5 and 2.0. Do you have any suggestion?

5. areavisuale

areavisuale

I have a doubt, to upgrade from arkit 1.5 to arkit 2.0 I just copied the "Assets" folder, maybe I had to copy also other folders? (library, packages...)?

6. areavisuale

areavisuale

I saw your commit d909780 and I overwritten the 2 files, but I have the same problem. I noticed that when I disable "getpointcloud" from arcameramanager the problem disappear. I'm going crazy.

And if I disable "getpointcloud" also the remote app doesn't crash (not only in my app, also in the demo).

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  7. jimmya

jimmya

There was an issue with ARKit remote which should be fixed with latest commit: https://bitbucket.org/Unity-Technol...mits/952b2992f05683c2695bde92b8143caac21c372a

The way to upgrade the plugin would be to delete your whole UnityARKitPlugin folder and copy over the new one in Finder and then open the Unity project again.

8. jimmya

jimmya

9. areavisuale

areavisuale

the problem seems to be resolved with the last update, thanks Jimmy