Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Point and Click Adventure Logic and Dialogues

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by conigliocattivo, May 14, 2013.

1. conigliocattivo

conigliocattivo

Hello everyone! I just started studying Unity 3D but I have previous experience programming in C++, VB, Java languages.
    I am a big fan of point and click adventures (old-lucasart style) and I would be interested in developing one myself.
    A typical logic common to this kind of game is: a lot of items spread in several locations, a set or subset of actions (possibly customized for each object), and a certain number of reaction and/or dialogues triggered by applying a certain action to a certain object (in a certain status).
    I was thinking how would be possible to easily manage this logic in Unity 3D. Is there any well-known architecture to handle this problem? Is it possible to use a table (csv/text) in order to store all the possible items, action, and dialogues to be triggered or there are better ways? I would like to find a way to not "hardcode" these behaviours and texts but to have the flexibility to handle them separately.

Maybe is just a very simple question, but I am very new to Unity and I could not find an answer in the forum or the web.

Thanks in advance :)

Antonio