Search Unity

Games Pocket Pursuit - Android gameplay - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by MD_Reptile, Nov 13, 2018.

1. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Hey there forums. Been working now getting close to a year on this project called "Pocket Pursuit" for mobiles.

It should be coming to Android and iOS app stores in as little as 2-3 weeks from now, if all goes according to plan. :)

Here is the gameplay teaser I've put together to try and get an idea what people think of the "look" of the game, and some of the gameplay mechanics before it is out in the wild.

Please take a moment to check it out and let me know what you think! All criticism and praise welcome :p

EDIT: Newer video:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    eaque likes this.
  2. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Video is unavaliable

3. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Yes - I got some feedback through other channels and removed the temporary video - as I've already made some adjustments and don't want the outdated video to confuse or distract from the release trailer that is about to come out :)

EDIT: Suppose it can't hurt to share it here (keep in mind the game isn't available yet on app stores, so this video isn't listed yet on youtube):

[removed - newer video below!]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  4. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Is the world procedural? It should be in my opinion, also more tightly packed buildings to increase the diffeculty.
    Also isn't there multiple games that are very similar?

5. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

It is semi-procedural - its been generated in the editor, then exported as an image and edited further by hand, then re-generated based on an image. It is a pretty complex process that'd take me some time to explain. :p

Anyway the reason the stuff isn't more tightly packed is both from a gameplay perspective it becomes hard to navigate around (both for the players and AI) and on top of that it gets heavier to run it on mobile, and increases the games size a good bit if I use a "very dense" version of a generated map.

There are games that exist that are similar yes - "Smashy Road" was a big influence in the games development, as well as "Pako" and "Reckless Getaway" and other similar games.

What sets this game apart is a semi-realistic physics model for the vehicles, decent AI drivers, and the ability to play as a police vehicle (as well as a criminal vehicle) - basically the opposite of the previously mentioned games (though I didn't play them all a whole lot, just from what I can tell they don't offer that).

6. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Final trailer for iOS and Android:

Game is scheduled to release on Thursday the 6th! :)

eaque likes this.
  7. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile