Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

【PN-AEN Tessellation】= real time 'mesh smooth' and more!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ginconic, Mar 21, 2017.

1. ginconic

ginconic

Edit: PN-AEN for unity has been released and is now a part of CFTD:
    >>> Thread is Here <<<

From the developer of the most advanced tessellation shader for Unity (#CFTD)

comes the most advanced tessellation shader for Unity.. when it's ready.

PN-AEN tessellation is the real time equivalent of 3ds Max's 'Mesh Smooth' with 'Separate by Smoothing Groups' ticked on. It smooths a mesh, but also preserves the hard edges. Typical usage is hard surface models. and more notably...

CARS

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  2. Vern_Shurtz

Vern_Shurtz

Would this work on characters with blendshapes?

3. ginconic

ginconic

I never got to finish this shader and/or release it, but that should be on an eventual list of features. I.e. if you wanted to do the dinosaurs from robinson the journey, pn aen tessellation would pretty much be the way to go.

4. ginconic

ginconic

I finally had some time to work on the shader and it's pretty much ready, along with the new version of the crack-free tessellation shader. Looks like I won't be able to get skinned mesh support though. But for hard surface models it can get some decent result here and there. Here is a test with the destroyed cars model pack I have (made by Lugia games on the assetstore). The models are really nice, but a bit edgy on the wheels.

Original mesh:
    cftd_pnaen_car1.jpg

With pnaen:
    cftd_pnaen_car2.jpg

Notice the wheel now looks a lot better.

Original mesh again:
    cftd_pnaen_car3.jpg

And with pnaen:
    cftd_pnaen_car4.jpg

And of course, it also supports displacement.. :)

Romenics likes this.
unityunity