Search Unity

plyGame, no-scripting game maker

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Leslie-Young, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

The existing mechanics is one where the player and NPCs fights in the normal game map in real-time, like Diablo or Torchlight type games.

From what I understand of Pokemon you would want a turn based system? That is not present so you would have to create scripts to handle this kind of combat . It could be done through visual scripting but that would be tedious compared with a few scripts.

I do plan on creating a plugin later that adds turn-based mechanics and battle screens, but it will be a while before this happens as I got a lot to finish on core features. With battle screen I mean the kind of combat scene you go into where your team is on the one side and the monsters on the other side, Final Fantasy and Stick of Truth comes to mind.

2. Got_Rhythm

Got_Rhythm

Thank you for the quick response, so there is nothing there yet to support an 'cut-away' battle screen or a turn-based combat system. That is good to know.

I need to ask a new question then pleas-, what about a system where a once you encounter an enemy, a kind of temporary fake arena appears inside the regular game map and the combat takes place inside that arena? Much like Holy Magic Century (here is a video if you are not familiar with it. Just two minutes will give you the idea).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSiqLK2hRs

Although Holy Magic Century still uses a turn-based system, so if I used your software it would still have to be a live battle, where the player controls multiple characters like Tales of Symphonia. Do you forsee a way of something like that working?

I apologize if I am being vague, I am just trying to be flexible.

3. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Like I said, the current combat system is real time and function in a way similar to Diablo where your player can run off and the monster might stop chasing.

For the kind of systems you described one would have to create special code to handle it. For example that video you show where the player are not allowed to move outside the ringed area.

You might be able to use one of the existing player controllers but there would have to be some kind of extra component on the player object that could, when the player is in combat mode, push him back when he try to leave the arena area. The combat itself would be easy to trigger as you could simply use an Area Trigger to trigger an event when the player enters it.

4. Got_Rhythm

Got_Rhythm

Hmmmmmm, maybe just a temporary invisible wall could appear around the immediate area when a combat event is triggered. It isn't very elegant but it might work. What do you think?

So guess the last question is, if I manage to have a combat event trigger, which erects a temporary invisible wall around the combat, would it be possible to have the player summon three monsters (at the same time) which will engage in combat on the player's behalf (live of course, not turn based)? Could the player's monsters have some kind of basic A.I (they pick one of three targets, pick one of four attacks, cool-down time, repeat).

This A.I could be overridden with commands (select an owned monster, select an attack, select a target), and then once combat is won, the summoned monsters disappear and the invisible combat arena disappears. Does this sound workable?

Thank you for your time answering my questions, I know you must be busy, and I am very new to much of this.

5. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Such a wall could work. The Skills system uses raycasts and such but you can tell it to ignore certain layers, or rather, you have to tell it what can be obstacles else nothing will come in way of skill's effect.

The Area Trigger will call an event in a Blox (visual scripting side) of itself. In there you could have the wall erected and use the instantiate Block to spawn NPCs from prefabs.

The AI can be set to be in the "player faction" and thus see NPCs in the "monster faction" as hostile and attack them. AI attacks to nearest to it so if you want a different function here it will be a bit more involved and might require additional scripts that can change the AI's target after it was spawned.

Making the monsters and the arena disappear after combat should be easy enough and could be handled in Blox rather than scripts.

Overall I think it is doable and the details will depend on your design and how far you want to go in code script or visual script.

6. devcor

devcor

Hello everyone. I can't seem to get to plyoung.com, is the site down?

By the way - great thing you're doing there, Leslie. I am a game designer by calling and I'm not that into scripting to be able to do something, I can only 'create worlds' with my mind, so to say - and this is exactly what I need to get started on my project I abandoned few years ago, because I had noone who could help me with game engine. Now I can create the sceleton of the game with everything I need. And the plyBlox, though I'm still not good with it, is quite a powerful tool that will help me make the game mechanics work the way I want, not the way it was limited in UniRPG.

Good job, Leslie!

7. TonyLi

TonyLi

No problem getting to plyoung.com from the USA right now.

8. zKici

zKici

Hello,

I need couple of things cleared up for me:

So I'm using only Allow Click/hold Move, without button move as this game will be specifically for mobile platforms.
    Using Top Down Character Controller, however without the "space" bar I have no idea how to make the player "jump", so please let me know how I can reach that with a script,
    I will be using a "specific area" on the screen where only when pressed there the character will "jump"
    so please let me know how to make this happen,
    (I could be checking for a multi tap, and once that is done I would like to perform a jump), or a button on the button right corner of the screen, once pressed to jump (but not for the player to turn around and move towards that clicked button position)

Next:

I have already achieved NPC to detect the player if its within a distance below 5, once the distance is below 5 I need the NPC to attack the player (however the NPC cannot be closer than 4, or further than 5 distance wise) to attack.
    I know how to request the NPC to move to the player's position, if I reduce the Z movement to -4, the NPC would stop before where the player was but it could be looking at another direction as the player had already moved to another place, so it looks off.
    I've successfully used skill also (animation of the attack) which is with a long sword, basically stabbing, next thing I need to do if the stabbing was a miss (the player moved) how do I continue the NPC's patrol on its pathway, or any other type of patrol, back to its routine to wait for the player within the close distance.
    I achieve this using Late update as AI think seems to be slow and by the time the NPC gets there its way off.

Next:

This goes back to #1, I could check for more than 1 finger to jump (once I know how) but lets say I wanted to make the player move through script also, if there is only 1 finger how to I move the player through script instead of through PlayerTopDownController, is this even a good idea? I can use a button to jump to eliminate all these compilations no problem.

Next:

I have an area trigger as a child in an NPC, I want to call the trigger enter through the Parent, how do I do this?
    Another one, on trigger enter from the child, how do I call something from the parent, for example enable component.

Last thing:

I have a daikon forge menu, how do I make sure the when the player clicks on the (MENU, button on the bottom left, or EXIT, bottom right) doesn't walk towards there....

Thank you very much.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  9. devcor

devcor

Still can't get to the website from Russia. It appears like it's down.

10. zKici

zKici

website works, but the guy hasn't been on for over 2weeks+.

11. hopeful

hopeful

Yes, the website is up, so something must be broken on the internet between you and it.

Leslie said in advance that he'd be mostly unavailable this month. So it could be another 2 weeks before we hear from him.

12. zKici

zKici

Ahh, i must have missed that!

Got me worried.

I have too many questions for him already lol... I guess we'll just have to wait for him to come back.

thanks for the info !

13. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Sorry, I should have made a post here too to warn that I would not be ale to get online through April.

Anyway, I'm back and working through all the questions today.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  14. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Not sure what the problem might be. You can try accessing the forum directly? http://plyoung.com/forum/index.php
    If it fails, simply ask your question here. I do not mind providing support here. It is only easier and cleaner to handle on the official support forum where you can make new topics for your specific questions.

15. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

This would require a customization of the character controller script to make work. I plan on adding touch support to the input manager. It will allow you to set up touch areas or virtual buttons and pads which will then be able to generate the input trigger needed by the character controller to make the character jump. PM me if you want to see the source of the current character controller script and perhaps base your own controller off of it - at least til lI got the planned features in.

AI Think is on a timer so it does not get executed each frame. Default is 1 second. Check out "Think Interval" in the NPC inspector.
    The NPC can automatically disengage if too far from the Player. Have a look at the docs to see how you setup the values under 'Detection System' in inspector.

You can create your own player controller if you like. There are some docs to get you started but you should also check out the API reference to learn what functions are available to you. http://plyoung.com/plygame/docs/api-reference.html

I wanted to say, go to the Object Blocks group and use the 'Get Parent' Block and then realised it is missing! I've made a note to include it in the next update.

You need to tell the Input Manager that you've handled the click. Do this by making the call plyInput.MouseInputHandled = true;
    This flag is reset to False in LateUpdate by the Input Manager.

16. zKici

zKici

Thanks for answering all the questions Leslie I hope you take this asset much further than it already is,

certainly include get Parent, mobile support and all the other ones mentioned,

at this time I have stopped using the asset due you being away and not being able to figure some things out, certainly this is a great asset and it has a bright future which I am excited to see.

Keep up the amazing good work, and hopefully in the future I can implement this and create a new game.

Thanks again for your support and keep up the good work.

One thing I'd like to ask of you is,

I currently wrote my own codes for everything but Would really love to have a character controller just like yours with the animation script (mecanim) to make use of the animations,

if possible by any chance to get those in script so that I do not have to use this asset while making the current game, that would be highly appreciated, i just love the way yours is in the inspector, if this is possible at all.

Thanks again

17. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

I will be including the source of plyGame in the package when it goes out of beta (which is in the next or update after).

18. Too-Nerd-To-Die

Too-Nerd-To-Die

Hello,
    I wonder if the plyGame has some integration with Unity 2D system. And if the system you I could do a system to make key items, consumable items, an example would be the Castlevania (Symphony of the Night) ancient, and many other 2D games. This would be possible with the current version of you?

Thank you!

Too Nerd To Die

19. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

The character controller (for player and NPC) and the camera controllers are 3D, specificity top-down and 3rd person. At this time I do not know if I will be doing 2D character controllers for 2.5D or side scrolling.

The Item System, coming in 2.1.1, will support consumables and I suppose you can set something as a key item via the Item's variables system.

20. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 2.1.1.beta

(Note: This is the last beta update and last chance to get the tool at the discounted price for beta)

IMPORTANT 1: You need to delete all old save data as the LoadSave System was heavily updated and improved. Go to plyGame Editor Window > Main > LoadSave and use the Delete button.
    IMPORTANT 2: The way Faction data is saved has undergone a major Change. Please check and recreate the Factions of you use this system.
    IMPORTANT 3: The Attribute, HP, XP, Interact, Skills and Faction related Events no longer sets temp variables with name, meta and ident (if they did before). Please update your Events if you used these Blocks and variables. They now only set one temp System.Object variable which can then be used in the new data retrieval Block (under plyGame Common).

- Added support for Stripping (used to make smaller mobile builds)
    - Major updates to LoadSave System. See LoadSave docs and the Block under IO for more info
    - Added support for runtime objects in LoadSave (restoring of objects when added at runtime - only for objects that supports this, like Items)
    - Added Item Bag/Inventory Systems. See Items documentation to learn more
    - Added ability to Equip Items to a character
    - Fixed potential null-ref error in input system
    - Fixed Top-Down Cam z-offset calculation
    - Fixed error where the wrong Custom Screen is shown, after splash screens, if custom screens where moved up or down in the list of screens
    - Fixed the Screen fields that where not accepting input
    - SpawnPoint are now LoadSave aware
    - Factions are now LoadSave aware
    - Items Bags are now LoadSave aware
    - plyBlox
    + Faction Blocks where moved to the Character group
    + Added Blocks Events related to Items, Bag, and Equipment
    + Added new Blocks related LoadSave System
    + Added data retrieval Blocks that can retrieve ident, name, meta and images from objects that has this data
    + Added Blocks to get System.Object type values from plyBlox Variables
    + Updated various plyGame Events to send System.Object temp variables that can be used in the new data retrieval blocks
    + The Editor now resets the scroll position when switching between Events

21. endikaeguia

endikaeguia

Hey Leslie.

How is the documentation going??
    I'm waiting for more tutorials or info to purchase this.

22. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

23. rbarbosa

rbarbosa

Would it be possible to create factions at runtime? Perhaps through the API?

I'm envisioning a system wherein the player can assign NPCs to be in a certain faction and assign behavior to that faction. So maybe there are some predefined plyBlox like "hunt," "fight," "cook," and "clean."

And the player can define a group and put collections of states in them. So "stewards" would cook and clean, but "rangers" would hunt and fight (for example).

So rather than fix the factions at build time, the faction list would be populated by the player during gameplay.

Is this possible?

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  24. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

No. One problem will be the LoadSave System that will not know how to restore such factions. I'm sure other problems will come up since the whole system expects factions to be defined when the game starts.

You need to define all factions, that will be used at run-time, in the faction editor.

25. rbarbosa

rbarbosa

Hi Leslie...thanks for answering my question regarding creation of factions at runtime. It would have been a nice feature, but I suspect I can work around it without much trouble.

I have a question regarding this thread:

http://plyoung.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=553

I had this same problem, and I solved it the same way. I was, however, a little confused with the setting of the "Default Floor Placement Layer" under Main > System and the "Floor" layer itself.

Is the "Floor" layer hardcoded? I didn't see anywhere in the component settings that would allow me to indicate which layer my floor was on.

What if I want or need to have floor objects live in different layers?

Does the top-down nav controller make use of the "Default Floor Placement Layer" setting at all?

Thanks!

26. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

That setting is simply a helper for the object placement code of the editor and has nothing to do with the run-time.

http://plyoung.com/plygame/docs/system-settings.html

27. TonyLi

TonyLi

Dialogue System for Unity users:

The plyGame integration package in v1.2.3 now synchronizes Attributes, Factions, Skills, and Items as documented here.

In the example scene, interact with the "Dead Guard" to see a simple example. (Select "Continue searching body" in the conversation.)

As Leslie continues to add features to plyGame, I'll keep the integration package updated.

28. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 2.1.2

- Fixed possible null reference errors inside GameGlobal
    - Fixed various problems with the Status system, including bugs and how it works. It should be easier to use now
    - Fixed bug with bag weight not being updated when item is removed
    - Skills
    + Fixed various small issues with the skills system
    + Fixed problem with target selection (it would choose NPCs that have higher status than valid targets status)
    + Fixed bug where skill would not activate if set to not 'perform while moving' and character is on sloped terrain
    + Added option to choose a dummy object that can be used as position/ offset from which a projectile is created
    + On Skill Activate now sets more private variables that might be useful
    + Implemented the AtClickPosition option
    + Added the CameraDirection and CameraForward options for execution direction

- plyBlox
    + Fixed bug in the stripping support (link.xml generator)

29. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Remember to check out the new tutorials being uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuaBtUXEKcdJCbNoDg0tJ9TUdkNRDrKlI

Latest update info ...
    Version 2.1.3

- Changed Interact action so that interact is not triggered on Hostile and Neutral NPCs, since they are normally to be attack (skill used on)
    - Fixed queued skill to be canceled when the player perform input that moves the character
    - Fixed "mouse over" option not finding the 'target' when player is too far from NPC
    - Tweaked the skill auto-move in range code so that character stops at a better distance
    - plyBlox
    + Fixed bug in the "Is Loading" Block
    + Added options to "Look At" Blocks to limit to horizontal or vertical rotation

30. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

READ THIS BEFORE GRABBING THIS UPDATE

Version 2.1.4

IMPORTANT:
    1. Make a Backup of your project before importing this update. This update will break all your definitions (like Skills, Factions, etc) so you might want to have the old project open as reference when redefining these.
    2. Close all plyGame related Editor windows before importing this update.
    3. Restart Unity after this update.
    4. plyGame's code has been restructured and moved into different assemblies to make ready for plyGame becoming more than just an RPG maker. This mostly affects the plyBlox System so please go through all your plyBlox object graphs and update Events and Blocks as needed.

- Major restructure of plyGame code
    - It is now possible to turn off sections of plyGame that you do not need in your game (See the new options in plyGame's Main Editor Window, under Plugins)
    - RPG systems moved to plyRPG plugin (see plyoung/plyRPG/Documentation/version.txt for update notes)
    - Fixed bug with the "mouse over" option of skill where the character would run up to and hit empty space if target NPC moved away
    - Changed skill projectile instantiation code such that custom projectile controllers can be used. See Skill docs.
    - Interact system do not trigger if NPC is not Friendly
    - plyBlox
    + Fixed bug in Vector3 SmoothDamp Block
    + When using "Stop Movement" Block, the selected is not cleared, if any selected
    + Moved Screen and Cursor related Blocks to Render group (from Common)
    + Added the GetProperty and SetProperty Blocks (under Common). These allows you to get and set just about any value of GameObjects and their Components
    + Added more blocks to Common > Conversion
    - Deprecated Blocks
    + Math > 'as Vector2'. Please use Common > 'as Vector2'
    + Math > 'as Vector3'. Please use Common > 'as Vector3'

31. devcor

devcor

Hey Leslie, if you could find some time and see if your hoster blocks some ips or something... Because about 1-2 months ago everything was fine, and now I can't get to your site.
    Though I can get to your site through proxies. Thank you in advance.
    I'm from Russia if that's of any help.

32. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

I called my host and they said everything seems fine on my hosting account. Try clearing your browser cache, test with another browser, flush you DNS cache, or test at a friend's PC to see if it is not related to your PC or ISP.

33. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Update 2.1.5

## plyRPG 1.0.1 ##
    - Fixed: Problem with Skills sometimes not activating when using mouse button as trigger
    - Fixed: Made triggers on non-plyGame layers to be click-through for click-to-move
    - Fixed: Problem with the Speed parameter in 'Basic Mecanim Controller'
    - Fixed: Auto-death detection was destroying the character immediately, ignoring any delay specified
    - Fixed: Auto-death sink and destroy not working on characters that uses navmesh
    - Fixed: Actor and Marker editor panels where not refreshing properly

## plyBlox 1.1.6 ##
    - Added: 'Audio - Play One Shot' block
    - Fixed: 'Common - Set Property Value' block was not able to set value type object (boxed values)

34. White-studio

White-studio

I cant access your website for some reason, but I like the look of your visual scripting tool, it is exactly what I would have created if I had created a visual scripting tool, I mean I was quite scared when I first saw it, but what I would like to know are the limitations of the visual scripting tool thanks.

Oh and yeah I cant access your website, so I cant research the functionality of Plyblox for myself, limiting myself to looking at screenshots of it and trying to work out how it works and its functionality and limitations and the work flow of it.

35. xammurapi88

xammurapi88

For your information.
    I live in Russia.
    I recently changed the place of residence and accordingly changed the Internet provider(rt.ru Russia's largest Internet provider with 100M subscribers). After that, when I am trying to enter the site http://plyoung.com/plygame/ I get this page: http://prntscr.com/3vxi0l

The part that is relevant to what is happening has the following meaning:

"Dear users!
    We apologize, but access to the requested resource is limited.
    ...bla-bla-bla...
    Network address, which identifies the site on the "Internet", included in the registry of domain names, indexes pages of sites in the "Internet" and the network address for the identification of sites in the "Internet" to call upon the riots, extremist activities, participation in mass (public) activities carried out in violation of the established order. "

Since it is obvious that plygame can not in principle be related to something like that, I decided to check details.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/hostname-ip says the site's IP address - 184.168.204.1 http://prntscr.com/3vxit7

Checking the domain name and the address on the site, which is listed on the page stub http://398-fz.rkn.gov.ru/

Domain name: http://prntscr.com/3vxjgj "Seeking url does NOT appear in the register on the grounds specified in Article 15.3 of the Federal Law of July 27, 2006 No 149-FZ"

IP address: http://prntscr.com/3vxjpj "Seeking ip address ENTERED in the register on the grounds specified in Article 15.3 of the Federal Law of July 27, 2006 No 149-FZ "

Look further
    http://antizapret.info/index.php - Website monitoring registry of banned sites

http://prntscr.com/3vxlbk
    Here we see that on the same ip address placed another four sites that were blocked 18.03.2014 by the decision "27/3-286-2014/Nd6333-14" of General Prosecutor of the Russian Federation. http://prntscr.com/3vxlnf

Of course, the block can "workaround" if you use a proxy. But it is very slow work. = (

It seems the only thing that can be done - it's either for the site owner to purchase a dedicated IP address. Or contact the company that provides hosting and ask them to move the website into another segment with a different IP address. Or make a mirror site...

36. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Thanks for the info. I'll contact them.

37. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

[edit] site should now be available.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  38. xammurapi88

xammurapi88

looks like the link opens the first page of the site, but the download does not start

39. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Fixed. Thanks.

40. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

UPDATE: Version 2.1.6

- Added Graph and Nodes system to plyCommon
    - Added the Data Providers system to pyCommon
    - DiaQ.2 plugin added to plyGame

## plyRPG 1.0.2 ##
    - Updated: Moved plyRPG Events into their own category in plyBlox
    - Updated: Changed the "Set Selected" block to allow a null value which indicates that you wish to un-select/ target
    - Updated: Projectiles will no longer be destroyed if the owning character's control is disabled
    - Fixed: Equipped Item did not adopt the mount point rotation correctly

## plyBlox 1.1.7 ##
    - Updated: Moved 'Self GO/plyBlox' from Object to Common - Values category
    - Updated: link.xml file generator can now update file without removing existing entries
    - Added: Data Provider to plyBlox Global for plyBlox variables for systems that can interact with this
    - Added: metaData getter/ setter Blocks under Variables group

## DiaQ 2.0.0 ##
    - Initial version of DiaQ.2

41. misugijunz

misugijunz

Hi I just purchase the plugin.

I am a 2D digital/interactive storybook developer. Now, I'm using 2D toolkit but I look on this plugin, then impulsed to buy. Lol. :D. Current book includes features such dialogue, simple animation, simple task/mini games: such object tracing, matchmaking, simple puzzle (like in point and click game such machinarium or tiny thief), branched storyline, voice over

I have few questions:
    1. In what ways that this plugin can help me to produce more interactive storybooks faster?
    2. When the adventure point and click game be supported?
    3. does it support general transition effects between scenes such as fade in, fade out, page flipping, etc that can be used for menu/scenes transitions?

thanks

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  42. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

The plug-in for Visual Novels is not yet done so you would have to use a lot of visual scripting (the Blox system) to perform these tasks.

The node based dialogue editor, DiaQ, can be used to write the stories and handle the flow of 'conversation'. It can also be used to add the sound clips that can then be started via the Blox system when needed.

Mini games depend on what mechanics they use and will normally be handled by the visual scripting .

> does it support general transition effects between scenes such as fade in,
    There are no transition effects but I suppose this is something to consider for the kit

> When the adventure point and click game be supported
    Hard to say. It is still in very early stages as I have been spending more time on refining the existing plyGame features and adding plug-ins like DiaQ and other systems needed by RPG games.

43. BES

BES

I just updated Plygame(2.1.6) and now I have errors..

Assets/plyoung/DiaQ/plyGame/Scripts/Blox/DiaQ_BeginGraph_plyBlock.cs(81,86): error CS1729: The type `UniqueID' does not contain a constructor that takes `1' arguments

Assets/plyoung/DiaQ/plyGame/Scripts/Blox/DiaQ_BeginGraph_plyBlock.cs(82,82): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `plyCommon.plyGraphManager.GetGraph(plyCommon.UniqueID)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/plyoung/DiaQ/plyGame/Scripts/Blox/DiaQ_BeginGraph_plyBlock.cs(82,82): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `UniqueID' expression to type `plyCommon.UniqueID'

how do I fix those? ..or could you fix them and send me an update?

I have already deleted the folders and did a fresh install of the asset and I am getting the same errors..

I have Unity 4.5.0f6 if that matters.

44. devcor

devcor

Hello, Leslie.

I've got some ideas, but not sure how can I make them work, can you tell me is this possible at all?
    1. I wanna make platformer-action-rpg, so:
    2. How can I fixate camera, so it won't rotate and player won't be able to rotate it, but it will follow character like in... well, top-down platformers. And is tger a way to make it more smoothly, with a what called "lag", so it will be slightly slower than player movement?
    3. Is it possible to make character 2d (sprite) instead of 3d model?
    3.1 If so, how can I do this and how will I assign "animations" for him through ply?
    4. How do I make character attack on LeftMouseButton, not only when tergetting enemies (like in top-down model of yours), but like in any action game?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  45. devcor

devcor

Cool! Thanks alot, just what I needed, since I can acces your site only through proxy.

46. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

The errors you get can only happen when there is conflicting packages/ scripts.

The UniqueID one for example is saying that it does not have a constructor that takes an arg. Well, in my code it does, so you have another script that defined UniqueID but that one does not take an arg. Lets assume you are not mixing one of my other old packages, like DiaQ 1.x into this and there is no other 3rd party script that defines a UniqueID class, then it can be one of the following.

If you upgraded from before beta ended then you will have to start the project clean as you missed a very important update step. If up updated from 2.1.5 then you might be running into a problem where Unity did not import/ update the package properly. In this case you can try the steps I explain here, http://plyoung.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=401#p3079

47. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

> Cool! Thanks alot, just what I needed, since I can acces your site only through proxy.
    I'm moving my hosting to google app engine. See if you can access http://plyoung.appspot.com/plygame/index.html

> 2. How can I fixate camera, so it won't rotate and player won't be able to rotate it, but it will follow character like in
    You can;t use one of the existing cameras and would need to create a new one and create the control of it in either script or plyBlox.

> 3. Is it possible to make character 2d (sprite) instead of 3d model?
    You could probably make it a sprite but remember that the provided controllers (in RPG module) is for top-down and 3rd person control, so the character can move in full 3D space and not just left/right and jump like in platformer.

> 3.1 If so, how can I do this and how will I assign "animations" for him through ply?
    I'v enot yet worked with UNity's 2D system. I assume you control the animations via mecanim? In that case you use the basic mecanim controller http://plyoung.com/plygame/docs/character-animation.html

> 4. How do I make character attack on LeftMouseButton, not only when tergetting enemies
    First bind the MouseLeft to an Action button. http://plyoung.com/plygame/docs/input-settings.html
    In the Skill settings it needs to use Actor Direction = MouseOver

48. devcor

devcor

Yep, everything works great.

And about the rest - yeah, I've worked out how to animate 2d characters andcreate animations for them, so now I can try and make something out of plygame.

P.S. Leslie, another quick question came to mind:

>You could probably make it a sprite but remember that the provided controllers (in RPG module) is for top-down and 3rd person control, so the character can move in full 3D space and not just left/right and jump like in platformer.

What if I made my own controller for that? (Just learned today how to write a simple one ^_^)
    Or somehow altered yours? I can try and look through code, maybe I could restrict movement somehow to 2 dimensions. Not sure that I can (I'm nowhere near coding), but one can try

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  49. BES

BES

I still get the errors ...must be one of my 50 other installed assets... it was working fine before the update ..so why is it not working now?
    I deleted the file in the project called plyoung ...I also deleted the one in the \AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store folder also ... downloaded a brand new file through the asset store ... now I get the same three errors..
    Something you changed between the last update and this new one is now conflicting like you said ...I don't have time to sort through all the assets to figure out what one is conflicting though..
    For now I just made a new project and added plyGame to that and there are no errors, so I guess I can try to merge the two projects later..

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  50. devcor

devcor

Oookay, I guess nevermind my question. Because I looked at the way your code is organized and it's WAAAAAAY beyond my knowledge...
    I guess I'll have to wait until you implement 2d controller (I'm using 2d movement in a 3d environment) or I'll have to search for other assets to help me implement skills and so on in my game...