Search Unity

Plus -> Personal license change

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Lurking-Ninja, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Today I intentionally left my license to expire (I had a one year prepaid Plus subscription).
    When I told the Hub to update my license, it said it has been a change, it has been expired.
    It's good up until now.

Then it asked me to choose license. I chose Personal. Went through the question that how much money I make.
    Then it told me that I need to uninstall the current editor and/or manually pick an editor from the disk (???)
    It threw me to the installs section in the hub.
    - I saw my installed 2018.3b11 on the list, so I clicked to the Projects
    - It didn't like it, so it threw me back to the renew your license page so I had to choose the personal license again and answer that I'm still not bringing more than 100k with unity development...
    - Installs screen again
    - Tried the locate a version function, it said it's already installed (and I noticed that the old versions' folders still in there BTW, but it's a separate issue)
    - finally I gave up so uninstalled the editor and reinstalled
    - click on the Projects
    - guess what: License error -> Quit or "Re-Activate" (why? reactivate is a proper word)

So, what can I do to use the personal edition without License Error?

Logout/login does not help,
    OS (Win10) restart helped (but it's still bad, I don't restart often...)
    The editor is successfully launched by hand from the C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2018.3.0b11\Editor folder by double click in the Explorer.

I have reported the issue through Unity Hub report tool with screenshots (case #1103272).

error1.png error2.png error3.png error4.png error5.png

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    There are a few issues some known and some new to us in this process.
    1. The fact that after license activation, the "Thank you" message is not relevant is a known bug. We have it in our backlog.
    2. The fact that the new license is not activated properly, and asked you to reactivate is a new bug. Thank you for reporting that. We will investigate and try to resolve it soon.

In general, switching the licenses (from pro to personal or vice versa) will not touch your projects/installs.

Lurking-Ninja likes this.