Search Unity

Plugin 'UnityARKit.a' is used from several locations - Build fail

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Numa, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Numa

Numa

Hi, I'm very new to cloud build. My builds are failing with this error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. 29236: [Unity] ERROR: Plugin 'UnityARKit.a' is used from several locations:
    2. 29237: [Unity]  Packages/com.unity.xr.arkit/Runtime/iOS/Xcode1100/UnityARKit.a would be copied to <PluginPath>/UnityARKit.a
    3. 29238: [Unity]  Packages/com.unity.xr.arkit/Runtime/iOS/Xcode1000/UnityARKit.a would be copied to <PluginPath>/UnityARKit.a
    4. 29239: [Unity] Please fix plugin settings and try again.
    Is there something I need to do to exclude one of the libraries? Since it's a Unity package I don't think I can make change the plugin settings as suggested.

Using Unity 2019.4.3f1 and ARKit 3.0.0 preview 4 (I know it's old but we're not really in a position to upgrade at the moment)

Thanks

2. Numa

Numa

Update: This error seems to not always be there but the build still fails. If I do a clean build the first build always has it, subsequent builds don't.

3. Numa

Numa

If it helps anyone, I got rid of the error by using this script since I don't need the xcode 10 one:

Code (CSharp):
    1. private void DisableARKitPluginDuplicate()
    2.     {
    3.         var allImporters = PluginImporter.GetAllImporters();
    4.         foreach (var importer in allImporters)
    5.         {
    6.             if (importer.assetPath.Contains("unity.xr.arkit/Runtime/iOS/Xcode1000"))
    7.             {
    8.                 Debug.Log($"Changing platform compatibility for {importer.assetPath}");
    9.                 importer.SetCompatibleWithPlatform(BuildTarget.iOS, false);
    10.             }
    11.         }
    12.     }

Xtro and BattlefieldNoob like this.
  4. Dalton-Lima

Dalton-Lima

I've solved it by deleting the `Library` folder. :rolleyes:

For those who aren't familiar, this folder is recreated by Unity, so no harm here.
    I bet that going back-and-forth with packages leave some old unused libraries in there.

5. Chris-KillerSnails

Chris-KillerSnails

I ended up just deleting the Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.arkit@x.x.x/iOS/ folder and restarting the project.

6. Xtro

Xtro

This code piece saved my life today!

Numa likes this.