Search Unity

Plugin for user provide feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by appxplore-tech, Mar 18, 2015.

1. appxplore-tech

appxplore-tech

Is there any feedback plugin tools that already provided in market for us to implement so user can just type and provide feedback inside the game? iOS and Android must be included.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  2. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Feedback is part of the mobile stores. Do you mean that type of feedback or do you mean contacting the developer kind?

3. appxplore-tech

appxplore-tech

yes. contacting developer of the game and providing feedback, including bugs or suggestion report.

4. orb

orb

I haven't seen anything specific to Unity, but for OS X at least there are a few projects on GitHub which will detect if the last run crashed. If you're just looking for a simple way to post feedback inside a game, it's best to write your own by simply posting to a weblink. Or perhaps providing a direct link to your issue tracker.

zombiegorilla likes this.
  5. appxplore-tech

appxplore-tech

Ok thanks for your help. but up to now i'm still wondering which issue tracker is best to use. any suggestions?

6. orb

orb

I'm actually not enthusiastic about any of them, but settled for Mantis for my own use. It was the one that took least effort to install, set up and configure for the issue categories I want for different projects. There are also hosted issue trackers to try, but they typically have a bigger problem in that it's going to cost you to have users. So no random users posting to them.

Shop around for web-based bug report/issue tracker/task management tools (and other keywords you can think of), as I'm sure there is a lot out there. I mainly look at things I can dump on a Linux server and manage on my own, so I don't even look at .NET stuff.

7. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

I really like Trac. But I can't give any super valid reasons why it is better than anything else. I just like it. It's lightweight and has all the features I need for tickets/project management.

8. orb

orb

I think most people are like that. They use the first one that works for them, because they're sicking of hunting for tools and want to get some work done.

I also use GitLab for all my private projects/team projects, and it has its own tracker, wiki, remote API and other neat features. If you're using anything similar (like paying for private GitHub) there's probably a perfectly sufficient tracker included.