Search Unity

Question Plugin folder problem after installation through package manager

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Zeymer, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Zeymer

Zeymer

Hello all.

Hope this falls under the right category, as it's been happening during new plugins/package installs.

At some point when a package/plugin was installed into my project, the 'Plugin' folder somehow got the name changed into 'PLUGINS', which has now caused my project to not be able to make use of the Google Dependency Manager.

If I try to implement Firebase related stuff (Crashlytics) it seems that it cannot figure out how to import the different files/dependencies the right way. I see them show up in the 'PLUINGS' folder, but upon finalizing it just performs some kind of clean-up job it seems. Like 'Was this the 'Plugins' folder?'

Apparently it can't tell the difference with capital letters, and I am just trying to figure out a way to solve this. Is there some place where I can set what folder Unity's plugins should be looking for? Or any other suggestions?

Of course I already tried simply renaming the folder back to 'Plugins', but when doing that my applications causes all sorts of nullreference excetions/errors and cannot be launched, probably due to wrong pathing.