Search Unity

[Plug-in] Any Plug-in for building a VR APP in unity?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HeHeHaHa306, Mar 13, 2017.

1. HeHeHaHa306

HeHeHaHa306

Hi Guys,

I just create a VR APP in unity by Google Cardboard SDK but I just facing a problem which is my new phone

Redmi Note4 doesn't support it, I just want to ask if I rebuild it by using Oculus SDK Plug-in in Unity, is it possible

to run it on a Andriod Phone without Gear VR?

btw, if not is there any plug-in function just like Google Cardboard SDK?

Have a good Day

Thanks!

2. cdarklock

cdarklock

I think Google Cardboard support is in 5.6 which is currently in beta and coming out at the end of this month. You could get the beta and check.

3. HeHeHaHa306

HeHeHaHa306

thanks Lock, I will have a look

4. Billy4184

Billy4184

Here are the requirements for the Oculus SDK, I don't think it will work on your phone.

What's wrong with Google cardboard though? I just got one and far as I can tell, all you need is Android OS 4.4 Kitkat or higher.

5. HeHeHaHa306

HeHeHaHa306

Thanks Billy, I just sort it and the problem is about my phone, just swap a new one today and its running okay now,

btw,I just create a VR APP for running a 360 video on my phone with google cardboard SDK but need to do some

trigger for that , so my aims is when I open the app and the video will be Autoplay when its start, 3mins later (the end of the video), there are 2 button (I made it already its a 3D Cube) appear for the viewer and now my question is how to make it appear?

Basiclly, my idea is make a timer that count to 3 mins and make the button appear. Is it right?

btw, can you give me some help about this? I don't even know how to create a timer, thank you!

Have a good day