Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Please use embedded JDK from shared folder

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Deleted User, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Reposting this (https://forum.unity.com/threads/please-download-embed-jdk-shared-in-unity-hub-folder.639241/) in the right forum. The issue still exists in Unity 2018.4. Whenever I perform a (minor) version upgrade, the Editor is still configured to use embedded JDK from the previous Unity version. This on its own could cause severe issues.

However I usually delete the old Unity version straight away. Now this path becomes invalid, so I have to go to the settings menu and reset the embedded JDK path. This is not only annoying but I imagine also totally confusing for beginners (finding out what the errors mean).

Please move the embedded JDK to a shared folder, such as the Unity Hub or the Java install directory.

v01pe_ likes this.
  2. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello @Dark_Swordsman,

Thank you for your feedback, I will hand your suggestion to the team.

v01pe_ and Deleted User like this.
  3. v01pe_

v01pe_

I second, that one shared folder for the JDK/SDK/NDK should be the way to go.
    I often have multiple versions of Unity installed and downloading & installing the Android build tools on each of them is a waste of resources; manually pointing to the same version is error prone and annoying.

4. AdminOh

AdminOh

It would indeed be great to have a shared folder. Would make the setup of abd in the PATH environment variable easier, without having to change it with each updates. It would also allow us to not download the SDK/NDK/JDK with each minor update.

It would make for a realy nice quality of life change.