Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Feedback Please Unity close Collaborate

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by AlanMattano, Sep 8, 2022.

1. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Yes, please. As an indie dev, my experience was horrible. I still have to trust my more reliable backup copy. Colab just does not work. Kill it, please.

Plastic works well. The interface is so-so, not intuitive, hard to remember for a beginner, and can be improved but is waaaaay more robust than Collab and nice visually to follow.

2. markmozza

markmozza

Speak for your self, we had 3 projects bork after using Plastic, I'm a git user of 10+ years, and he had nothing but trouble on large projects, random files missing, changes showing when no changes where made, mp3s getting removed even though they still in the project, Addressables being removed from prefabs, the list goes on.

Collaboration had none of these issues. I'm assuming Alan you have 0 projects that are actually production projects with a dev team working on them.

Ive been using Collaboration since day one and now i saddens me that i have to ditch Plastic as of today as we have a project about to go live and it caused nothing but pain. Everytime a dev makes a change and pushing, it breaks someone elses project.

3. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

So do I, since beta.
    Is called Unity Collaborate [or Collab] not Collaboration
    And it reminds me a lot of Unity 4 builds for Windows. Each time you close the game crashes.

4. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

I'm sorry to hear that! Presume Unity does not track and publish user failing rates for Plastic and Collaborate.

Yes! I'm indie.
    I still make a lot of backups folder copies... and HD backups that is the only way to stay alive.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022