Search Unity

Feedback Please support multiple Editor locations and movement

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Rowlan, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

I already have 140 GB of different Unity versions which fill up my SSD. It would be nice to

• have multiple installation destations in the Hub
    • be asked where to install per installation. e. g. i'd like to have alphas on a slower disk
    • be able to move an installation afterwards. e. g. it's unlikely i need the 2017 versions on my SSD anymore, but i don't want to remove them either because of old projects. i'd like to move them on a hard disk

2. BasilUnity

BasilUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Rowlan
    Thanks for posting your feedback, it's always valuable for us to hear direct impressions from our users.

It's true that right now if you want to install Editors to various directories, you'd have to manually change Unity Editors Folder each time before the installation, which can be annoying.

This said, if you'd like to move some Editors around your drives to free up space, you can! Once you move the Unity directories to a slower disk, double-clicking the Unity executable with the Hub open will automatically re-add them to Unity Hub. You can also use the Locate button in the Hub to add Editors.

SugoiDev and Rowlan like this.
  3. Rowlan

Rowlan

Feature request: Can you please support at least 2 dedicated paths for the Editor via configuration? One for Release and one for Beta. I'd like to have the Beta always installed on another drive.