Search Unity

please specify the unity pro deal details

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by iossif, Jul 25, 2013.

1. iossif

iossif

hi!

i registered as bb developer and got approved as vendor. then i entered all the data for our game and now it is in draft status.

do i need to do anything else before bb reaches out for the test devices? the next step would be to upload a build but that would not make sense without a device to test it on right?

thanks for the help!

2. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

I'm on the same position, App is in draft status with no binaries uploaded. Since the emulator does not support running Unity applications yet (see the other thread) I also think there is no point uploading the binary without testing it first.

Based on the T&C text we do not have to do anything else but wait for BB to contact us.

3. iossif

iossif

ok, let's wait then :)

can you send me a message in case they contact you? just so i can sanity check my status ;)

4. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

Sure thing... Actually that's a good idea, I'd appreciate if you could do the same... :)

5. iossif

iossif

will do!

6. GlutenFreeGames

GlutenFreeGames

Hey everyone, I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I figured it couldn't hurt to just buy a Z10 in the meantime and return it after building/testing/and submitting a game. After you submit a binary your app will still be in Draft status. You have to review it and submit it to get to "pending review". So just fair warning the 'pre-binary upload' draft status may not be the one they are referring to. it may be the post-binary upload 'draft' status. I submitted mine for review though so i will keep everyone posted if/when they reach out to me.

7. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

Based on the comments of the following blog entry, Lou Gazzola seems to be in charge and/or have access to device qualified vendors list...

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/...free-version-now-fully-support-blackberry-10/

If you click on his name, there are few comments from him one of which states "The Device emails go out on Tuesday/Thursday to qualified developers." for another device giveaway program.

I've tweeted him to ask if we need binary uplaoded, let's see if I could get an answer....

8. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

I've got a reply from Lou, they'll need binary submitted...

Update: Leaving it at Draft (with release binary submitted) is enough, no need to submit for review...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  9. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

Where do you apply as a BB vendor?

10. iossif

iossif

so i just upload my untested binary? phew. here goes nothing :D

edit: i moved on but when i upload my build file, i get this: "Bar is not RDK signed Bar is not AUTHOR signed This bar contains unsigned entries which have not been integrity-checked." - there are some signing things in the publishing settings in unity ... where do i get informations on those?

edit2: nevermind, i think i found the correct instruction ;)

edit3: i am at the point where i need to tell which devices are supported. the Z10 does not show up though. it does here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/bb10-faq.html though - what am i doing wrong?

edit4: solved! needed to change the OS to QNX

edit5: "Status: Draft - Releases: 1 - Goods: none - Reviews: none" <= is that the status i want in order to be ready?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  11. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Here's how it works:

a. You're a Unity 4.x Pro customer with iOS Pro and Android Pro.

b. You get an email from Unity telling you about the competition.

c. You follow the instructions and register online at https://unity3d.com/contest/blackberry

d. Some background checks are made to ensure that you are eligible.

e. Now you have successfully entered, your serial number will have the BB10 Pro add-on, um, added-on.

f. Your interest is passed on to BB who'll hook you up with a device. Since BB are responsible for this I don't know what the exact steps are.

g. Profit.

BlackBerry might have other promotions/offers. I'm describing the BB/Unity collaboration/competition.

12. iossif

iossif

ok, so we hope that we are good on f) so we can move on to g) asap :D

13. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

Did anyone received anything (email, instructions, etc.) regarding the device?

My binary is up (draft status, not submitted for review) for 6 days but nothing here yet... I just don't want to send it (+3 more) for review without testing them first...

14. iossif

iossif

nothing happened for me yet

15. mbowen89

mbowen89

So if they send a Z10, do I have to pay for cell connection etc? I assumed it would just be a non-activated phone. What costs would there be with it?

I guess my question is, are there known fees that will have to be paid even though we're getting a free Z10, etc?

16. EvilDingo

EvilDingo

No, you don't need a cell connection. I assume you can use it for a phone if you like, but a wifi connection is enough to test and submit apps.

17. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

The Z10 I use hasn't got a sim card in it at the moment, so it's like a big iPod Touch. Getting my apps onto it is a breeze.

18. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

If a mate gave you a phone in a pub, "here you are, I'm not using this, thought you would want it" you'd be happy and say "thanks!" You'd then open it up, slip in your sim card and use it as your day-to-day phone. You'd still pay your network operator for phones, might go and buy a new sd card, and a second charger etc. The BB deal is exactly the same (except they reserve the right to request the phone back again... but your mate might do that as well.)