Search Unity

Please: Introduce Quality Levels for Assets!!!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by thesaint1987, Jul 1, 2012.

1. thesaint1987

thesaint1987

Well, I'll get straight to the point. There are so many outstanding assets in the store, drowning in the zoo of useless crap. The "Top Paid" category just doesn't cut it, and so doesn't user rating, since obviously only few have a sense of good assets, and vote 5 for everything. Usually the really good assets also have something around 5, but are again drowned in a sea of 5 rated crap assets.

So what I am pledging here for is something like seen in TurboSquid. A rating for assets based on assessment of professionals. Categorize them based on experienced decisions assessing the quality in "Professional", "Advanced", "Causual", "Other", or something like that, with descending quality.

The problem is that the free users, also rate 5 stars for those in causual or others, while these are totally useless for quality productions (most of the time), but still there is currently no way to filter out everything below "Advanced"...

This would really make my life and the life of a lot of other developers, seeking for high quality assets, a lot easier. Currently I stumble upon high quality assets by accident, most of the time thanks to forum activity. I would never have found them with the asset store alone.

Unity is making a lot money with the Asset Store. You should really put more effort on making finding assets easy. The current categorization and word based search function just doesn't cut it.

Thanks.

2. fholm

fholm

I agree, the asset store has a lot of good stuff on it, but for every good asset there are 50+ crap ones. There needs to be a better way to filter them.