Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Please, I Need Animation Key Binding Help

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Tahrgat, May 5, 2014.

1. Tahrgat

Tahrgat

Okay, I am new and having trouble with java script. Sorry if I am bugging anyone with this question. I know this is probably simple, but I have been trying to figure this out for days. I made a walking animation for a sword where it sways up and down a bit. I tried binding it to the "w" key but the animation just keeps playing no matter what I do. here is the code I obtained to try this.

function Update()
    {
    if(Input.GetKeyDown("w"))
    {
    // Plays the walksw animation - stops all other animations
    animation.Play("walksw", PlayMode.StopAll);
    }
    }

Please tell me clearly and simply, for a very new noob, how to make this work the way I want. A lot of people hint at things, but I can't find a place that will spell it out for me. How do I correct this code so that the sword will only do the walk animation when I click "w" on the keyboard. the animation is named walksw btw. Thank you for reading. Please help me to stop tearing my hair out in frustration.

2. Melang

Melang

It should work, you probably have WrapMode.Loop on the clip - set it to Default or Once instead. And check that you don't have it set as default animation with Play Automatically on in the inspector.