Search Unity

Please, how to make this random tubes scatter sculptures as meshes around an object?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SpaceRay, Jul 14, 2018.

1. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Hello, I have been trying to find an asset that could make a random scatter of objects around a main objects using sticks meshes, and then have it as a big object

Instead of explaining it I show it what I want to get, so you can unsderstand it much better with an example image below.

Please maybe you may know any asset or script that could be able to generate this kind of interlocked and mixed tube meshes?

I thought to make it procesurally but I need to have the final object as a mesh that can be saved as a prefab

I have thought that it would be maybe easier if I could scatter a lot of tubes around a sphere or cube and then hide the sphere or cube

Thanks very much for any possible help

image.jpeg

2. ValBis

ValBis

3. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Thanks for the help and I think that this may be a good way to do it, but I think that in this case for me, I think that it would be needed something that can be controlled with some more precision and detail, maybe something like to be distribute objects with a grid array or random position them.
    Anyway I like your idea and will try more about your suggestion

4. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I want to be able to control in some way how the prefab objects are distributed as seen in for example in this screenshots

Magical Light Hitoshi Kuriyama 4.jpg Magical Light Hitoshi Kuriyama 1.jpg Magical Light Hitoshi Kuriyama 2.jpg