Search Unity

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by seansilasgtr, Jan 13, 2021.

1. seansilasgtr

seansilasgtr

Is there a fix for this?

Attached Files:

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

JoNax97 and Joe-Censored like this.
  3. seansilasgtr

seansilasgtr

I get the link. The reason I posted "Please Help" is because I need this to work. I don't use Unity and this potential job uses it and I am trying to get something simple for them because they choose Unity. For a week, all I have had was problems with just the basics of Unity. Not trying to bash them. Why isn't it such a problem to use the basics that are suppose to work in the software and it's having issues installing the software required to do the simple things? Unreal is not like that. Like I said, I know you are trying to help but that link is not helping me at the moment... Little frustrated. Thanks for taking a min to post it.

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

With Unity closed, the Library folder can be safely deleted. The next time you open the project the contents of the folder will be regenerated. That's a usual good first thing to try if you are getting errors related to the Library folder, as the contents are quite complicated without really any documentation (since as already mentioned usually you can fix issues by just deleting it anyways). Regenerating the Library folder can take quite a lot of time for larger projects and/or slower computers.

If that doesn't work, I'd try creating a new project using the URP pipeline and see if you have any problems with it there. If you don't have issues, try removing and readding it to your existing project.

Otherwise, please include more information in your posts. It is hard to help people who keep all context of their problem a secret. It is a lot easier to help people who volunteer information.

seansilasgtr and Kurt-Dekker like this.
  5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Is there a reason you even need the URP then? Just create a project using the built in pipeline instead. When creating a project you just choose "3D" instead of the other options.

seansilasgtr and Kurt-Dekker like this.
  6. seansilasgtr

seansilasgtr

Thank you for the information. I should've thought it out on the post instead of panicking. lol I deleted the library as suggested by a user here from my first post on this and you confirmed that task. It just got done and I am still getting the "Unity Package Manager Error" I did a project test with 2019 first and got the same error then, I went to 2020 and got the same error. I built the scene and all I need to do is light it and add water. All of the tutorials I seen are asking for certain packages that are not installed. I go to install and I get the error I posted at the beginning of thread. When it's done loading the scene now, I will try it again "Install" Universal RP" I uploaded the log file from the start up error.

Thank you guys for your help

Attached Files:

7. seansilasgtr

seansilasgtr

Oops, forgot to attach the log file

Attached Files:

8. seansilasgtr

seansilasgtr

Hello, I deleted the library and it rebuild everything but I have another issue. Not all the items are showing in the scene window. It's in the "Hierarchy window.. I also noticed those items are invisible in the scene window. Somethings are unpacked or packed.

9. seansilasgtr

seansilasgtr

I fixed the hidden models issue.. I just copied back my library and its all back. Still have the same error on my PC. I installed Unity on to my macbook pro and I am able to install the packages. must be my PC win10 machine.

Joe-Censored likes this.