Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Please help with tree brush!

Discussion in 'World Building' started by barnarnars, Jun 26, 2020.

1. barnarnars

barnarnars

(first time posting anything, am I in the right place?)

This question has been posted heaps before, but i CANNOT FIGURE THIS OUT. I've spent too much time on this, I could have perfectly placed 10,000 trees by hand at this point, but i'm too far in.

So, as I said, i can manually place trees just fine, they stand upright. In the tree brush tool however, they lay on a horizontal axis. So, the obvious fix is to go back to Blender, and turn the model 90 degrees in some way and see what happens. huh, nothing.
    So i make a tree in all six directions but they all become flat in the tree brush editor in unity.
    I make a 6 coloured cube so i can see which direction faces up in the tree brush, but no, it ALWAYS makes the tree lay flat.

Annotation 2020-06-26 175436.jpg
    the carnage

Ive messed around with LOD groups, as well, which fixed the trees being stupidly tiny, but not the rotation.

Im using:
    Blender v2.80
    Unity 2019.2.9

Blender -> fbx. -> Unity assets

If you need me to clarify anything else please ask.
    Please, anything helps. If it wasn't obvious enough already, i'm a novice, and not a very good one at that.

2. Rowlan

Rowlan

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
unityunity