Search Unity

Please help, Unity Package Manager Error popup.

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by WhosTheBoss, Mar 23, 2020.

1. WhosTheBoss

WhosTheBoss

Good day,

I was working on a Game in Unity 2019.2.1f1. Then I upgraded my Unity to 2019.3.6f1.
    When I was opening & upgrading my game to the new Unity version. I got a warning popup saying:

Unity Package Manager Error.
    An error occurred while resolving packages: One or more packages could not be added to local file system.
    com/unity.ads:EACCESS: permission denied, unlink /users/myname/mygame/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ads@2.0.8/CHANGELOG.md'

The popup gives me 3 options: 'Quit' 'Continue' 'Retry'
    When I 'Retry' the popup keeps showing up again and again.
    When I 'Continue' Unity opens but then my Mac crashes and shuts down. I have an iMac 2016 Model with macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Can someone please help me?
    I'm stuck and I can't do anything. I even went back to my previous Unity version but I keep getting the popup.

RonaldoJulian likes this.
  2. sbankhead

sbankhead

Unity Technologies

It looks like a permissions issues with your project. Since your not using the com.unity.ads packman package you could open up your manifest.json file and delete the line for com.unity.ads. The real solution would be to fix your permissions on the packageCache folder if you can do that though.

3. floppitommi

floppitommi

I have the same problem please help and tell me how to fix my permissions on the packageCache folder. And do anyone have any idea my permission was changed?