Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help: Public variables do not update in the inspector of StateMachineBehaviours

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Nunez-Torrijos, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Nunez-Torrijos

Nunez-Torrijos

Hi,

Problem Summary:

I wrote a StateMachineBehaviour but the inspector does not refresh the value of the public variables, it just sticks to the default values.
    It's not a code problem, because I used Debug.Log to check whether my vars were changing or not, and they were.
    The script is functional but debugging is making me crazy. I would really appreciate any help.

Context:
    I'm trying to use Mecanim to build a Finite State Machine for NPC AI, but progress is severely hindered because of debugging limitations.

I already tried:
    • Saving the scene, the project, and restarting.
    • Making a different StateMachineBehaviour script as a test, and it didn't work either, so I suppose is an Editor issue and it has nothing to do with my script.
    • Doing the same in a different scene.

I'm using Unity 5.5, although I had the same issue with 5.4.3.

Thanks for your help.

juan-jo likes this.
  2. juan-jo

juan-jo

Seems nobody noticed this o_O

3. Baste

Baste

Nunez-Torrijos likes this.
  4. juan-jo

juan-jo

Maybe some things belongs to several domains. Problems of the odious hierarchical classification method. I wish it were forever extinguished in favor of labels. Meanwhile, thanks Baste.