Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help Me

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by logais700, Mar 2, 2021.

1. logais700

logais700

I have made a model in Blender which I have to imported into Unity. when I add a material to the model the material texture warps and stretches really weirdly. I think the issue is I used the subdivision surface modifier and then "shade smooth". I would really appreciate it if someone could help me fix this.

upload_2021-3-2_17-56-30.png

2. George-Ing

George-Ing

Unity Technologies

It looks like your model's UVs aren't great.

I'd look into Blender UV-mapping tutorials and UV-map the output mesh of the subdivision.

3. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

@logais700
    Did you apply the subdivision surface modifier to the model first, before importing the model into unity?

Also, as suggested above, it could be a UV wrapping problem too. So here is what to do. In blender, properly UV unwrap the model, before importing it into unity.

Or to be safe, in blender do this test. Make a copy of the model, and on the copy, apply the subdivision surface modifier onto the object, then UV unwrap the copy model, then import the copy model into unity, and see if the problem disappears.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
unityunity