Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Bug PLEASE HELP! CS2012 ERROR

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by pokemon2023, Feb 16, 2024.

1. pokemon2023

pokemon2023

Hello! I have an error that just appeared out of nowhere. error CS2012: Cannot open 'C:\Users\"name"\"Project name"\Library\Bee\artifacts\1900b0aE.dag\Assembly-CSharp.dll' for writing -- 'The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open. : 'C:\Users\"name"\"Project name"\Library\Bee\artifacts\1900b0aE.dag\Assembly-CSharp.dll'' I figured out it happens every time I open one of my scripts. I have to wait awhile for it to eventually clear once I open my project and then the moment I open a script, it pops up again. I've seen other people on the forum with the same problem and they said that uninstalling and reinstalling Webroot helped them, but I personally don't think that's safe for my computer. If anyone has any solutions other than uninstalling and reinstalling Webroot, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

FredrikHBrockert likes this.
  2. Airashawn

Airashawn

I also appear to be having this problem with Unity and also have Webroot. I have yet to try uninstalling Webroot.

FredrikHBrockert likes this.
  3. FredrikHBrockert

FredrikHBrockert

Answer from Webroot:
    "Thank you for bringing the issue you are experiencing to our attention. The Webroot Development team has been notified of this issue and is currently working on a resolution. We expect to address this issue in an upcoming software version release, which will be downloaded automatically to your device and installed when it is available.

The temporary solution would be to shutdown Webroot protection via the System Tray icon to recompile the locked file and be absolutely certain to enable the software/protection once done."

4. pokemon2023

pokemon2023

Thank you for your response. I'll just wait for any updates.

5. bugfinders

bugfinders

this is the price you pay for an antivirus that doesnt let you exclude a folder.. Theres a lot on this forum about issues with webroot..

Ruslank100 likes this.
  6. ferolschoons

ferolschoons

I see this same smarmy uninformed opinion on every single thread for this issue. You can absolutely exclude a scripts and files in Eebroot. It doesn't fix this issue however.

You can fix the issue by uninstalling Webroot, and then re-installing Webroot. It worked for me, and the solution is also in this thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/cs2...-csharp-dll-for-writing-how-do-i-fix.1542677/

Webroot is enabled for me, and so far I have not re-encountered the error.

7. bugfinders

bugfinders

Look at the response Fredrik had from webroot, their answer, turn off our product for the duration.. posts all over the web saying you can exclude individual files, but not folders, so its not an uninformed opinion, dont you think they would have responded with "sure, just exclude your project folder" if that was all that possible and needed? no they didnt they said stop the product..

8. FredrikHBrockert

FredrikHBrockert

Ok, it should be fixed now. Seems to work for me.

From Webroot:
    "Thank you for your patience while we have been working on a resolution for this issue.

We have released an update to the WRCore services that should now fix the issue where Webroot was locking on to various DLL files during a compilation. This should be pushed out to affected machines.
    "

bugfinders likes this.
  9. pokemon2023

pokemon2023

Thank you so much for your help everyone! Also, thank you so much for letting me know that the error was fixed FredrikHBrockert! My project works now!