Search Unity

Please help, camera movement

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by flintcheeze, Aug 13, 2019.

1. flintcheeze

flintcheeze

I have been working around making a character controller movement for my player and I am trying to make a camera follow{the camera will be above my player like that of angry bots unity or alien shooter where by i will be able to use a corsor in controlling where the player faces and where the camera will also direct itself please help me anyone
    I have been searching the internet for days now

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You should be able to find character or camera controllers on the asset store

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

Below is the first video result for "Unity camera follow target".

4. flintcheeze

flintcheeze

I have seen this video and that of James and also jeason on YouTube... I am trying to make the camera follow my character whilst I move the cursor to direct the target the camera moves to that area not leaving the player and at the same time showing the enemy... please any ounce of help will be highly appreciated

5. flintcheeze

flintcheeze

Yeah I have few camera controller and camera follow scripts
    But it’s either I can’t expand the camera rig to fit into my model so when I press play the camera falls to the feet level and again the few camera follow I have it’s not doing what I want as I want the camera the camera to be on top of the player

Camera
    |||
    |||
    player........... is the object to follow from above

Something in this manner
    The camera should be untop moving with the player to the direction in which the player moves to

6. flintcheeze

flintcheeze

I wanted to use the camera from angry bots but all of a sudden it started moving around it’s axis fourth and back making it uncontrollable
    At first it seemed like a sensitivity issue but when I disabled one of the scripts “character move controller” it will stop moving back and forth but camera follow will stop working
    I am suppose sad and Worried

7. Errorsatz

Errorsatz

Intelligent camera following that takes multiple objects into account can be pretty tricky to get right, IME. Two options:
    1) Try a variety of pre-made camera controllers, pick the one that works the closest to how you want, accepting that it might not be exactly what you want.
    2) Learn C#, learn about cameras, study some existing camera following algorithms, and then either write your own or modify an existing one to your taste. If you don't currently know programming though, this isn't at all the easiest thing to start with.

Even if you're not doing any coding, you will need to do some general Unity tutorials, enough to understand how components work, how cameras work, how to understand error messages, and so forth. For example:
    1) What did you think the effect of disabling Character Move Controller would be?
    2) Why did you think that would be the effect?
    3) Why wasn't it the effect?
    If the answer to any of those is "I don't know, I'm just trying a bunch of things", then you're effectively trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle in the dark. Learn the basics and it will be a lot easier.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    JoeStrout likes this.
  8. flintcheeze

flintcheeze

Well thank you
    For your response
    I actually know
    A little about coding with the C#
    But not too well
    Well I figured a solution out
    And I have been using unity for 5years but lol I keep running from learning C# but I guess I will start doing a lot of reading
    Well thank you once again as I got to use invector and I am still trying really hard to get cineMachine but my store isn’t loading and I tried the directx9 option which I could’nt find so it’s quite difficult and if you have the cineMachine package file here is my email:Flintcheeze@yahoo.com
    well thank you once again
    Highly appreciated