Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help; Buttons not working at all !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woomek, May 14, 2020.

1. Woomek

Woomek

Hi all.

I am currently following a udemy course for making a 2D RPG. I am stuck at the main menu. In the menu are buttons but the buttons aren't clickable at all. Beside that, the buttons don't recognize a cursor is hovering over it. So now I am kinda stuck.

For testing I also made a new scene, and only added 1 button. And still this wasnt clickable at all.

Can someone please help me. I really want to continue the course.
    Link to course question with pictures:
    https://www.udemy.com/course/unity2drpg/learn/lecture/12304842#questions/10661658

I hope someone can help me !
    ~Romek

Attached Files:

2. FayytIgnatti

FayytIgnatti

I was having a similar problem, and I found that a text-box that I had added to my UI was obscuring my buttons. Is it possible you have a similar situation?

3. TonyLi

TonyLi

The scene has two UICanvas GameObject and two GameManager GameObjects. It's possible that each UICanvas has an EventSystem, which could be a problem. Try to have only one EventSystem in the scene. (You may also need to have only one UICanvas and one GameManager in the scene. I haven't looked at the tutorial you followed.)

The UICanvas's GraphicsRaycaster is enabled, which is good. This is what allows the canvas to recognize mouse input. Make sure you don't have a CanvasGroup whose Interactable checkbox is unticked.

Keep the Inspector view on the scene's one EventSystem. It will show what it thinks the pointer (mouse) is hovering over.