Search Unity

Please Help... Bake Runtime' job failed with error code: 8 Failed to create Runtime Lighting

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Hliouxas, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Hliouxas

Hliouxas

A big hello to the community. So i opened my Unity today to continue my project and when Unity started to bake my scene , it gave me this error.... Bake Runtime' job failed with error code: 8 ('Failed to create Runtime Lighting... And its driving me insane... I have posted my Lightning Settings , i know it has something to do with my Baked GI , because when i disable it , this error disappears. I've tried rebaking the scene , clear the GI cache but it's still there... And all the light sources from my scene are baked. Can someone help plz?? :(

http://postimg.org/image/l67mbztgj/

My lightning settings

Krepze_Vondola and jinhaifeng like this.
  2. Hliouxas

Hliouxas

Ok i finally figured it out ... To anyone who has this issue, its due to your GI Cache being full... In my case my GI cache was filled with 9.99GB (10GB is my prefered limt) and when i baked new light sources they wouldnt bake just because the cache was full... In any case to clear the cache go to Edit - Preferences - GI Cache - Clean Cache. I hope this helps guys :)

3. Jose207

Jose207

thanks for putting in your resolution! I was stuck and in your comment saved me!

Hliouxas likes this.
  4. Hliouxas

Hliouxas

You're most certainly welcome Jose , glad i could help :)

5. Troutmonkey

Troutmonkey

Came across this today, this solved my issue. Thanks for posting :)

Hliouxas likes this.
  6. jinhaifeng

jinhaifeng

Thanks for posting this! just ran across the issue and your solution did it!

Hliouxas likes this.
  7. Natoneus

Natoneus

Awesome, thanks for posting the solution!! Got me back up and running too.

8. Velkin

Velkin

Your solution worked. Thank you very much!

9. drakedane

drakedane

Thanks! That worked for me! So glad you posted this! No idea why there would be no warning. I was unable to clear the cache while Unity was stuck in the error. So thank you for posting solution to clearing the error, as well! I was able to disable long enough to clear cache and now back to normal!

10. jinhaifeng

jinhaifeng

another note, just clearing the GI cache didn't work but manually deleting the folder that held all the lighting and clearing the cache fixed the problem

11. lixiongguox

lixiongguox

Came across this today,thank you for you solution:)

12. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

13. b4th

b4th

Hey, we ran into this issue again today, and did everything described, cleared the GI Cache, deleted the scene's lightmapping data folder, but the issue is still happening! Any update on that proper fix you were working on?

EDIT: Resolved by upgrading from Unity 5.6.2 to latest patch release 5.6.5p4

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  14. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

The fix landed in 2019.1.0a13.

unity_nqgHOtcaqYlUPA likes this.
  15. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

I'm using 2017.4.24f and this fix is still relevant. It fixed the issue for me. Thanks for solution!

16. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Could someone explain what the GI Cache folder does? I'm on 2018.4.1 and have possibly hit this same issue... unlike the OP I've not run out of space (my limit is 10GB and I'm only at 5.6GB) but I do have the error.
    Does deleting the folder, or clearing from preferences, affect all other projects?