Search Unity

Official Please give us your feedback on Unity's training offering

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by Dan_bot, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Dan_bot

Dan_bot

Unity Technologies

Hi all, Unity would like to get your thoughts on some new training offerings. Please take our survey and let us know what you think!

The survey is about ten minutes long and everyone who takes it will be entered into a sweepstakes for one of ten gift codes for Unity’s live streaming training courses that launched in February, a $400 value. Each code can be redeemed for any course up to ten hours in length. For more information, please see the course catalog and calendar.

Click here to take the survey!

jaquanjjrice2233 and M_MG_S like this.
  2. josepaternina

josepaternina

Hi, I reportes this link before and is still broken.

Go to:
    https://unity.com/products/unity-certifications/associate-game-developer

Scroll to 3rd section, click the link "Buy now" below the paragraph "Learn and practice" and 404 page not found:
    https://unityedustore.pearsonvue.co...e-prep-courseware-12-months/p/UCAPC-12M_B2CXV

Sorry, I know this is not a feedback but I didn't see another forum thread or "contact us" in the website to report it. I sent it to Sales team, but they never respond.

Thanks.

jaquanjjrice2233 likes this.
  3. jameselliott2010

jameselliott2010

4. emathieu

emathieu

On february 1st I purchased a Unity Certified Associate: Programmer Bundle - certification, practice test, courseware. Was billed 411$CAD on february 2nd. Never received Courseware access + instructions as mentionned in the product description. Wrote many emails to unitystorehelp@pearson.com got this answer Friday morning :
    "Hello Eric,
    We do apologize for the inconvenience and delay.
    You should have been sent instructions and your access key for your courseware, did you not receive anything like that?
    Kind regards,
    Quinn J. "

That's it, no follow up, no help, no phone call.
    I called here 952-905-7195, 888-873-6207, 800-989-8532, 800-511-3478 and 952-521-0177 thrown around between pearson and pearsonvue and spent 6 hours on the phone. I am now trying to get a refund which seems like an other impossible mission.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Wondering if you received your refund?

I am very, very disappointed in the purchased courseware. The stuff for free on the unity learn site is better than what I paid for. I would like to get my money back, but don't know where to start for that. Here?!

6. Niter88

Niter88

Well, I guess I will buy the expert one just to show off to recruiters lol :D

7. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Meh, it's a known issue that most of the official tutorial projects on here are out of date and don't work, think I'm paying for it? No chance :D

8. Replicant_AD

Replicant_AD

Hello this is Darold. Not sure where to post this, but here seems relevant as it pertains to giving feedback on training.
    On January 3rd I took the Unity certification exam and passed with a score of 604 out of a max of 700, thus receiving the credential of Unity Certified Associate: Game Developer. I first started using Unity around 2011 for a video game design course I had in grad school. After graduating in 2012, I didn't use it again seriously until about 2019.

Unity certification is valid for three years at which point one has to take the exam again to re-certify. However, has there been discussion within Unity to consider an alternate approach to re-certification that would involve maintaining certification through professional development activities?

I have two other certifications (systems engineering and new product development) in which both organizations have certification maintenance in place that require a certain number of PDUs (professional development units) to be acquired and submitted by the expiration date. Activities include teaching courses, attending relevant conferences, taking courses / training, publishing papers or books in the field, and a range of others. Once the requisite PDUs have been accumulated, they are submitted along with a fee and then reviewed. The certification is then renewed for the next # of years.

This is quite common with professional certifications in a range of fields and with the breadth of what Unity offers, it could easily be done. Attend Unity Unite, take courses as Unity is updated, develop and publish a game with Unity, create tutorials on Unity features, etc. Unity admins reading this: who can I contact about this? Happy to discuss.

jaquanjjrice2233 and Niter88 like this.
  9. Spatulasoup

Spatulasoup

Hello, I'm here to ask if anyone knows about the missing components of the bunnyball assets? I can't seem to get them no matter what I do and I'd be so happy if anyone would like to help me out with that. thank you in advance.

10. Kalennienna

Kalennienna

This survey is for organizations... not for individuals.... wants to know how many products I would buy for my non-existent employees... perhaps a better description would help?

11. emmanuelkatto

emmanuelkatto

How much you need to score to get the certificate?