Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Please create a golden path of Relay and Lobby

Discussion in 'Lobby' started by geronimo_desenvolvimentos, Mar 15, 2022.

1. geronimo_desenvolvimentos

geronimo_desenvolvimentos

Lobby and Relay, while different libraries, are meant to be used together. But their integration is hard. Current docs treat Lobby-Relay integration as an afterthought while in truth it is one of the most important use cases. There is an example, yes, but it is too complex and distract from the real questions:
    1) How to create the relay and it's lobby.
    2) How to join the lobby and go from the lobby to the relay.
    3) How to migrate hosts
    No characters, no shaders, no complex scene and nothing to distract from these three questions, like the excellent and very instructive Golden Path for the Network Game Objects.

2. Unity_Brandon

Unity_Brandon

Unity Technologies

Hi Don,

We actually have what you're describing! If you go to the Lobby / Relay in the package manager, you should see some downloadable samples like so:

Screenshot from 2022-03-28 17-28-09.png

The simple Relay Sample gives you a few clickable buttons that walk you through the process, while the interactive relay sample lets you go through and fully connect. Lobby has the "Lobby Hello World" sample that is similar.

Please let me know if this works for you or if you had something else in mind.

3. Jicefrost

Jicefrost

I hame some questions in mind about LobbyHelloWorld, I will ask them later can you please tell me - somewhere is our dashboards can we see or manage lobbies? or for example we got player with id "Player signed in as hPrtbOh63cdJmM8rHUo8bAqFSGvz" (from example), can we see this player somewhere instead of unity editor?

4. RR7

RR7

UNET / HLAPI had a nice tutorial asset called Network Meteroid, it was a drop in lobby / multiplayer sample, you could join multiple player per client, and matchmake/relay or local lan.

why not port this to Netcode/UGS and provide us with this? all the elements are there.

5. daniel_lochner

daniel_lochner

Hi Brandon, I had a look at the "Lobby Hello World" sample, however, it doesn't showcase lobby-relay integration? I think that was the main question the OP was asking?

6. Jicefrost

Jicefrost

7. RR7

RR7