Search Unity

Feedback Please clean up the Create Menu :(

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by joshcamas, Nov 28, 2019.

1. joshcamas

joshcamas

The create menu has become so cluttered, it now has to scroll in my case. This is clearly partially due to the addons I have (Looking at you, Amplify), but regardless its mainly a built in unity issue. Strangely enough there are obvious groupings (scripting, animation, material, sprites, physics), and yet they are all through on the same menu

The Windows menu has perfect organization:

It's getting out of hand at this point :((

oscarAbraham, KAW0, Mauri and 2 others like this.
  2. UsefulYdyot

UsefulYdyot

Same question here. Very important request. If there was only a way to customize the context menu structure, e.g. via some script that processes given context menu items and allows customization on project level.

Could be very useful. And mostly elegant, since you would avoid the need of plugin updates and instead only need a new editor version with such a nice new feature.

OBiwer likes this.
  3. altepTest

altepTest

I think one way could be for unity to redirect to a submenu, at higher level, all the menu options added by various assets you have added to the game to not break compatibility.

you right click and you get an option, "assets" or something, and inside there you have all these custom options.