Search Unity

Feature Request Please bring back Grid and Snap settings WINDOW

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by GenezisO, Oct 22, 2022.

1. GenezisO

GenezisO

I've been recently working with Unity 2021 and 2022 and as a level designer who tends to place assets around A LOT, I came to a conclusion that both these versions lack the main key feature of previous versions - the permanent Grid and Snap window as seen below.

Just from the pure design standpoint of the current implementation, a developer has no idea what numbers are set in any of these fields at any given moment unless he or she manually clicks the arrow button in either of the menus as shown below and even then, only one of those menus will open. Which is a terrible design when one needs to read or change any of those values often.
    upload_2022-10-22_22-28-43.png

The ability to permanently anchor the full Grid and Snap window within the editor layout (as in the previous versions) is essential if working extensively with placing and moving objects and even more so when the developer needs to change some of these values often. Which is also my case. It is very tiresome for me to always click on these menus just to check or set a new value.

The current implementation is fine for those who only need to check/edit values once in a while but those who really work with this extensively NEED that permanent Grid and Snap window, so please also add that as an option for those who might need it.