Search Unity

Please add an option to reduce the number of email notifications

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by CrowbarSka, Nov 12, 2019.

1. CrowbarSka

CrowbarSka

There doesn't appear to be an option to reduce the email frequency to, say, Daily or Weekly.

Instead, I get an email every time a thread I'm watching is posted in.
    • If I open the thread, it gets marked as 'read' and so I'll get another email immediately when another post is made.
    • If I don't open the thread, I don't get any emails for that thread ever again.
    I'd love a middle option: send me a digest of replies at a frequency of my choosing, like how most other forums do it.

I want to stay on top of the threads I'm watching, but I don't want my inbox to be bombarded every time there's a reply.

angrypenguin likes this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

3. CrowbarSka

CrowbarSka

Thanks for the reply, but this doesn't fix the issue I'm having. I still want to receive emails because I don't want to have to come to the forums every day to check for replies. I just want a daily digest email of new replies or similar. Most other forums have this option.

4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Yeah, it looks like there is only one option or nothing when it comes to these. We'll explore updating this when we eventually upgrade our forums.

Lurking-Ninja and CrowbarSka like this.
  5. CrowbarSka

CrowbarSka

Awesome! Thanks for your response, I'm very grateful.

6. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

May I suggest looking into Discourse, if you're thinking of changing software again?

https://www.discourse.org/

I haven't ever knowingly used it, but I've been reading one of the designer's blogs, and they've put a lot of thought into the social and behavioral aspects of software design. That strikes me as a very good thing when it comes to making community discussion software. :)

7. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

It's all in the air at the moment. I don't want users worrying about the same happening the last time we tried upgrading :)