Search Unity

PlayStation Mobile Unity demonstration on Vita (BitSummit)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icurafu, Mar 11, 2014.

1. icurafu

icurafu

The PSM Unity SDK is currently in closed beta, however a demonstration was shown at BitSummit in Japan late last week. Here was a video of Unity3D 4.3 shown to the attendees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWif2BTqeI

What do you make of it? Are any of you considering getting PSM to port a current project across?

I'll be tempted to compile a few demonstrations when I get my hands on it, considering the current (non-unity) SDK is free. I'm looking forwards to doing some proper benchmarks on it.

2. Toad

Toad

Looks good, especially as PSM allegedly struggles performance-wise with 3D games.

Would be good to see a framerate counter though. Looks like there might be a bit of screen-tearing.

Still in Beta so hopefully any performance issues can still be ironed-out.

3. Kinos141

Kinos141

It'd would be nice to put Unity games on a real mobile gaming device.

PSM could do 3D games? LOL. Anyway, PSM is complete trash.

4. icurafu

icurafu

Yeah Toad, the original PSM was performance capped to work on older Android devices and had some massive bottlenecks on the CPU for some odd reason. Even network access was capped to something awful.

This one looks alot better, obviously not using the same virtual machine. The closed beta is Vita only.

5. Grimwolf

Grimwolf

Maybe they increased the cap to Vita hardware standards? My phone is already like 4x stronger than the Vita in every department.

6. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

I doubt it.

7. Toad

Toad

Is there any update on Unity for Playstation Mobile (e.g. likely release date, Pro licence cost)

Soon, and included in the Unity Pro licence (like Windows Store/Phone 8 Pro Blackberry 10 Pro) would be good answers. :D

8. icurafu

icurafu

all I have is...
    http://japan.unity3d.com/unite/unite2014/schedule

A presentation at unite.

Currently PSM is free to develop on and $99 a year to publish. I hope they keep it that way, so I can mess around with my Vita not needing to pay unless I create something cool.

9. bitcrusher

bitcrusher

psm publishing license is still free i think. but unitypsm isn't open yet.