Search Unity

playmode crash without any info, when there is no access to the internet.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Packyan, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Packyan

Packyan

when I pressd the play button, once there is no internet, the editor would crash, and no error window shows. I go to the log folder to find the editor log, and the last line is :
    * Assertion at ..\mono\metadata\threads.c:1788, condition `internal` not met.
    I tried to reinstall the unity3d 2019 2.11f,and useless. I created a new project, and still crash when there is no internet.

and if build the project, the exe file is working fine.

2. assaf_hershko

assaf_hershko

I have the same issue. In conversations with the Unity QA team, will let you know what they say... :)

3. DatabaseError

DatabaseError

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  4. Patrick_D

Patrick_D

Are there any news regarding this issue? Unity keeps crashing on me...

5. KeirMeikle

KeirMeikle

I see this too in Unity 2019.2.12 on Windows. Has anyone posted an official bug report?

6. Packyan

Packyan

No, still crash when no Internet.

7. assaf_hershko

assaf_hershko

Just a quick note to say that the Unity support team got in touch with me today to say that:
    "I have forwarded the issue to the developers responsible for this area and I will let you know any findings as soon as possible".

I'll post back here once I hear back from them.

Packyan and Veenomous like this.
  8. assaf_hershko

assaf_hershko

Quickly updating that I heard back from Unity, and they say the issue should be fixed in the next release of the 2019.2 stream.

Veenomous likes this.
  9. DaveKap

DaveKap

I just got this issue today and it's been a wild ride trying to get to the bottom of it. I think it's occurring from a Resources.LoadAll call because I managed to trip across a line that, if commented out, gets the play function to work but the game comes up paused so it's not 100% good. Plus... I sorta heavily rely on that loadall call so I can't think of a workaround yet.

You mention that not having internet is the cause, but I am connected to the internet. However, I saw this error earlier today before the play-button crashes began:

error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)Curl error 35: Handshake did not perform verification. UnityTls error code: 7

I wonder if anyone else has that with this crash.

10. Veenomous

Veenomous

Yup, just had this happen today. I get:

error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)Curl error 35: Handshake did not perform verification. UnityTls error code: 7

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/UnityWebRequest/Implementations/TransportCurl.cpp Line: 734)

* Assertion at ..\mono\metadata\threads.c:1788, condition `internal' not met

I'm not using Resources.LoadAll, but I am using Resources.Load in various places (and I'm connected to the Internet) so it could be similar. The weird thing is everything was working fine last night, and then without making any changes it started crashing today.

I tried a complete clean install of Unity (deleted every version I had, preferences, the Hub, etc.) and tried on both 2019.2.12 and 2019.2.14 but still got the error. Hoping it really does get fixed with the next release.

11. DaveKap

DaveKap

Same here. Worked fine last night. Zero changes made. Run Unity this morning and this S*** starts happening. I've actually had Unity run by commenting out the Resource Load calls, then uncommenting them, which is just... really stupidly broken... the issue then occurs in a coroutine call which causes the crash... then the crash keeps happening after commenting THAT call out while ALSO commenting out the resource load calls. It's freaking WILD how broken Unity got today!

My project works fine on another computer. I'm too scared to completely clean Unity off considering this should be fixed in the next release.

How often does Unity release because I need this work done by uhhh next week and I'd very much like to not have to develop on my second machine.

12. Veenomous

Veenomous

Looking at the release dates, usually within a week or two (and it's already been like 6 days since the last one so possibly very soon).

13. mahrizh

mahrizh

Same issue. First I get crash when was offline, now it crashes every time even with Internet connection.

14. wicea

wicea

Same issue. Tested offline start with Unity 2019.2.12f1.

Also detected problems with UnityWebRequest timeout property and Abort - https://forum.unity.com/threads/iap-crashes-unity-with-unitytls-error-code-7-in.787847/#post-5244035

Veenomous likes this.
  15. Veenomous

Veenomous

From the thread linked to by wicea:

Editor is now playing for me!

16. assaf_hershko

assaf_hershko

To those interested in an update on the original issue (editor crashing when there's no internet connectivity), the latest from the Unity support team is that they expect it fixed in 2019.2.16f1.

17. nhanc18

nhanc18

Me too. I'm using PlayFab API and Unity will crash if no internet connection. I expected Unity to throw an exception but it crashed.

18. gferrari

gferrari

Me too
    Assertion at ..\mono\metadata\threads.c:1788, condition `internal' not met

19. nciofi

nciofi

Hi, same here.
    Editor 2019.2.13f1 crashes without any warning, anytime I try to access an invalid url on a UnityWebRequest or even through a Playfab API request.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/UnityWebRequest/Implementations/TransportCurl.cpp Line: 734)
    * Assertion at ..\mono\metadata\threads.c:1788, condition `internal' not met

20. sammarin

sammarin

Same here (2019.2.11f1)

21. arvindgaikwad456

arvindgaikwad456

without internet it started but after connecting net the unity crashed can anyone help me. sorry for bad english

22. gferrari

gferrari

upload_2020-1-15_14-7-14.png
    Unchek this

23. Why485

Why485

Experiencing the same thing. Silent crash on hitting play no message or anything. Checking the log, the last thing I see is:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/UnityWebRequest/Implementations/TransportCurl.cpp Line: 734)
    3. * Assertion at ..\mono\metadata\threads.c:1788, condition `internal' not met
    Weird that this causes a crash on play, but this fixed it for me. I'd prefer to run it with that checked, but I guess that's not an option anymore.

gferrari likes this.
  24. JanusAnderson

JanusAnderson

Not fixed as of 2019.2.18f1. Crashes randomly during play mode in a very simple build, and there is no pattern that I can find.

25. xiaoshurenjia

xiaoshurenjia

This fixed it for me too, I am using unity2019.2.13f1. thanks!

26. spartahk

spartahk

• Replace with another disk and reinstall

27. paulatwarp

paulatwarp

I just had the same problem with version 2018.4.26f1. This time there is Internet, but there's an error: Curl error 51: Cert verify failed: UNITYTLS_X509VERIFY_FLAG_EXPIRED. This is followed by: Assertion at ..\mono\metadata\threads.c:1788, condition `internal' not met.

The "Fix" is the same - turn off Error Pause

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  28. unity_QzmvR2WrBsSXAw

unity_QzmvR2WrBsSXAw

29. marcosbiagi

marcosbiagi

I spent all night searching for why Unity 2019 crashes on play [SOLVED].

Unity Editor 2019.5.17f1 was crashing every time I press played (repeating for SEO so other people can find it and not waste a whole night :eek:)

I can confirm, unchecking "Error Pause" fixed it for me. this crashes unity 2019.png