Search Unity

PlayMaker NGUI Scripts

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by merlin981, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Vern_Shurtz

Vern_Shurtz

Ok. I think I have figured out the Label Issue, at least for me. I have a number of strings that I am switching to for my Label values instead of one string that changes it's value.

The NGUI Update Label Text script is looking for the String to be different then what was last used before it will actually change the text. My strings never change and are static so each one of the directions above will only update once. After that the script does not see a change therefore it will not update. This leaves me with two options.
    • Remove the "if" statement in the code that is looking for a change in the string value and have the Label updated regardless of any change.
    • Have a Single NGUI Update Label that has a string that is updated to match the other strings.
    I am altering my FSM's to have a single NGUI Update Text Action and just change a single string.

Hope this helps other understand why the Update may not appear to be working.

2. merlin981

merlin981

Thanks for the update and info, Vern.

3. Graham-B

Graham-B

I am having an issue with the "NGUI Set Button Enabled" action. When the "Enabled" box is checked, the action won't allow a state to finish and move on to the next. Also I do not have "Every Frame" checked. Is this the intended functionality?

4. merlin981

merlin981

Hi Graham,

Apologies for the late response - I was out of town over the weekend.

I looked through the code on NguiSetButtonEnabled, and couldn't find anything that would prevent it from allowing the state to finish. "Ever Frame" is not required.

Do you have more than one action on the state? Perhaps another action is causing the state to block?

5. merlin981

merlin981

Hi Cole,

Thanks for sending me your sample code.

You're not using the latest version of PlayMaker NGUI Scripts. Please update to the latest version. This should solve your issue.

Thanks,
    Philip

6. Kerozard

Kerozard

I just bought this asset today and I am experiencing a few warnings

There are a couple of those all regarding the same file and all about the changes regarding GO.active and GO.setActiveRecursively(). Those should not be too hard to fix. Just wanted to let you know.

Patrick

7. merlin981

merlin981

Thanks, I'll track them down and update them as well.

To everyone - apologies for the delay in getting the next release out. I've been working overtime for my client the last three weeks, and it has taken all my available time. I should be back to a normal schedule, next week, and can work on the next release, then.

Thanks,
    Philip

8. Graham-B

Graham-B

I see we already have On Drag and On Drag Finished, but I need access to OnDragOver OnDragOut events. Seeing as how, sticky press no longer exists in ngui, would this be possible to implement?

Reference: http://www.tasharen.com/forum/index.php?topic=6930.0

Thanks for fixing the label update bug btw!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  9. merlin981

merlin981

Ok, I've added it to my list. I'm a little swamped at the moment with work, but will try to get this out in the next few days.

10. Graham-B

Graham-B

Thanks Merlin! Out of curiosity, can the package only be opened in unity 4.5 or higher now? I'm close to release, so I'm a little hesitant to update to a new version of Unity at the last minute.

11. merlin981

merlin981

Yes it can. You can get the update from the Asset store, which is updated for the latest versions of Unity, PlayMaker, and NGUI

12. Graham-B

Graham-B

I worded that wrong, can it be used in an older version of unity? eg. 4.3

13. merlin981

merlin981

It depends on what version of PlayMaker you have. PlayMaker made some breaking changes in their newest version which requires the latest of PlayMaker NGUI Scripts. I'm not sure if the changes affect 4.3, but I do know that if you have 4.5, you will need the latest of everything.

14. Graham-B

Graham-B

Cool, I will just have to try it.

15. merlin981

merlin981

Apologies for the long delay - I've had some personal things going on which have prevented me from getting much written. I'm trying to make some time next week to get in everyone's requests for both sets of PlayMaker extension scripts. Thank you for your patience.

16. merlin981

merlin981

Apologies for the lengthy delay (raising two babies eats up most of my time). I have published a new version with all the OnDrag events referenced in your link. The update should be available within a week or less (depending on how fast Unity approves it).

I have updated the "Playmaker NGUI Delegates" prefab with the new events. If you have a problem with the prefab, try using the packaged one instead (PlayMaker NGUI Delegates - Broken Prefab Restore).

17. Graham-B

Graham-B

Thank you merlin, you are the best! Can't wait to try it.

EDIT: Tried them out, works like a charm!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  18. ilesonen

ilesonen

Hi merlin,
    You've "Ngui Scrollbar Change Listener" action there which is working great but it doesn't work on slider, right?
    So, would it be possible to write similar listener action for Slider Change? Anyway, this is great tool and really helpful, so thank you for that!

19. merlin981

merlin981

Thank you for the kind words. As always, ratings in the asset store help a lot.

In the past, I did try to have a change listener on the Slider, but NGUI wasn't supporting it at the time. I will do some research to see if they now support it, and if so, will integrate it into the package.

Thanks again,
    Philip

20. merlin981

merlin981

Apologies for the late (second) reply - this has been such a busy month for me.

There is already a Slider Change Event in the package. If you look at the demo scene (Demo\Demo Scene), you'll see that the slider's label's text is updated from the Slider Change Event.

I tested before making this post, and it is working on my machine.

21. merlin981

merlin981

Hey all,

I've published a new asset called "Extension Methods for Unity", which has over 800 extension methods for Unity and general C# development. Methods were submitted by the Unity community, gleaned from third party websites, and developed by me during my game development career.

Tested on these platforms: PC, Mac, Android, iOS, WP8, and Web Player. Should work on all Unity supported platforms.

Methods for:
    * Targeting
    * Layers
    * Movement and Rotation
    * GameObjects and Components
    * Spawning Objects and Prefabs
    * Serialization
    * Exceptions
    * Lists and Arrays
    * Cryptography (WP8 safe)
    * Numbers and Conversions
    * Strings
    * Many more!

Documentation

Extension Methods for Unity on the Asset Store

22. Zorranco

Zorranco

Hello Merlin, PM NGUI scripts does the following compiler error on a brand new project:

Assets/Playmaker NGUI Scripts/Scripts/Helpers/Asset Bundles/ManagerAssetBundle.cs(117,36): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.AssetBundle.Load(string)' is obsolete: `Method Load has been deprecated. Script updater cannot update it as the loading behaviour has changed. Please use LoadAsset instead and check the documentation for details.'

Versions are:

Playmaker 1.7.8.2
    Unity 5.0.0.f4 64 bit
    NGUI 3.8.0
    PM NGUI Scripts 3.4.2

Any plans on when will it be updated? Thanks

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  23. merlin981

merlin981

Hi Zorranco,

That actually was resolved in 3.4.2. Can you please double check that you imported the latest version?

Note that this is actually just a warning message, as Unity 5 changed some things for asset bundles.

Thanks

24. ermak86

ermak86

Hello,
    I am with:

Unity 5.0.2
    Playmaker 1.7.8.3
    NGUI 3.8.2
    PlayMaker NGUI Scripts 3.4.2

On new project I have this error too:

And I can't start "Play" button in editor, because:
    Can anyone give me some advice?

25. muringa

muringa

Hi Merlin, i bought your asset yesterday and i getting some "could not found errors" like UILabel and "could not cretae actions nguiSetScrollObject", can you help me?

26. Yudhi

Yudhi

27. merlin981

merlin981

My apologies, I recently moved my websites over to Azure, and it looks like the documentation folder did not fully copy over. I'll work on that next week.

Attached here is the documentation

Attached Files:

28. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

Is this asset still being supported?

29. DiptiPatil

DiptiPatil

Hii,
    i got this error after importing play maker

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Array/ArrayAdd.cs(14,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmArray' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

so how to solve this?