Search Unity

PlayMaker NGUI Scripts

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by merlin981, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Mazhari

Mazhari

Hi,
    I just bought your PlayMaker NGUI script.
    After I import PM and PM NGUI script package I got error ;
    "Assets/Playmaker NGUI Scripts/Scripts/Playmaker Actions/NguiSceneLoaderObjList.cs(85,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UISlider' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"
    so how can I solve this ?
    Thanks

--------------
    uups... I forgot to import NGUI first. It solved.
    Sory for my noob question

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. merlin981

merlin981

No worries, glad you got it working

3. SteveB

SteveB

Just imported your latest version and received two errors:

and

Thanks Merlin!

4. merlin981

merlin981

I published a fix for this on the "PlayMaker Extension Scripts" package, earlier today. It should be available for download by the end of the week.

Until then, you can delete one copy of "ColorFromString.cs" and one copy of "StringCompareMulti.cs". They are duplicates of each other, so you can safely delete either instance.

5. SteveB

SteveB

Copy that. :D

6. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Hi,

How to use asset bundle in offline?

Thank you in advance.

Dev

7. merlin981

merlin981

Hi Dev,

Just change the URL from "http://" to "file://", everything else remains the same.

You can check the Asset Bundle page (http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/AssetBundlesIntro.html) for a detailed explanation of how they work.

8. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Hi,

Thanks for help.

Dev

9. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Great work man.keep it up.:p:):D:D

10. merlin981

merlin981

Thank you. I have some new stuff coming out, hopefully by the end of next week. I'll share more as the release date gets closer :)

11. nilton_felicio

nilton_felicio

I bought your asset. Seems like a good product. Sera I'm doing something wrong? I received a number of alerts.
    $error.jpg

12. Tkfore21

Tkfore21

Updated to the latest version of your tool set, but now I'm getting the following error:
    Assets/Playmaker NGUI Scripts/Scripts/Playmaker Actions/NguiSetActive.cs(12,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `NguiSetActive', which is now preventing me from testing my app.
    Any recommendations on how to fix this?

13. merlin981

merlin981

Yeah, those are just warnings that one of the Unity functions is out of date. You can safely ignore them.

14. merlin981

merlin981

Do you have duplicate copies of the package in your project? That error is shown because the filename "NguiSetActive.cs" exists twice in your project.

15. KenAporia

KenAporia

Any chance you could make 2 actions for Scroll Bar Value comparable to the 2 you have for Slider Value? I tried duplicating the NGUI Set Slider Value script, renaming it to NGUI Set Scroll Value and then editing it to work for the UIScrollBar script, but no go. My scripting skills are not up to it.

Thanks for all your work so far, it has been very helpful.

16. merlin981

merlin981

Sure, I'll add to my list, but I may not get to it until next week

17. KenAporia

KenAporia

For what it's worth, here's what I did:

using HutongGames.PlayMaker;

/*
    * *************************************************************************************
    * Created by: Rocket Games Mobile (http://www.rocketgamesmobile.com), 2013
    * For use in Unity 3.5, Unity 4.0+
    * *************************************************************************************
    */

[ActionCategory("NGUI")]
    [Tooltip("Sets the value of an NGUI Scroll Bar")]
    public class NguiSetScrollValue : FsmStateAction
    {
    [RequiredField]
    [Tooltip("NGUI scroll bar to update")]
    public FsmOwnerDefault NguiScrollBar;

[RequiredField]
    [Tooltip("The new value to assign to the scroll bar")]
    public FsmFloat value;

[UIHint(UIHint.Variable)]
    [Tooltip("Save the value to a variable")]
    public FsmFloat saveValue;

public override void Reset()
    {
    NguiScrollBar = null;
    value = null;
    saveValue = null;
    }

public override void OnEnter()
    {
    DoSetScrollValue();
    Finish();
    }

private void DoSetScrollValue()
    {
    // exit if objects are null
    if ((NguiScrollBar == null) || (value == null))
    return;

// get the object as a progressbar
    UIScrollBar NguiSroll = Fsm.GetOwnerDefaultTarget(NguiScrollBar).GetComponent<UIScrollBar>();

// exit if no slider
    if (NguiScroll == null)
    return;

// set value
    NguiScroll.scrollValue = value.Value;

// save value
    if (saveValue != null)
    saveValue.Value = value.Value;
    }
    }

18. merlin981

merlin981

Latest version of the package has been approved by Unity and is now available in the Asset store.

This new version renamed some files in the package, so please make sure you delete the original version of the package from your project before you import the new one. Otherwise, you will probably have errors

19. nilton_felicio

nilton_felicio

Please check, I now have a lot of errors. After 3.0 update Ngui. Could fix this.

20. merlin981

merlin981

Can you tell me what errors you have? Are they errors with NGUI, or with this asset package?

21. nilton_felicio

nilton_felicio

When I import the package NG Scripts. I'm using GUI 3.0b. Playmaker 1.7.4 and Unity3d 4.2.1f4. In fact for which alerts are already mentioned, but appeared new alerts. Can I ignore this or I will have problems later?

22. julioamancio

julioamancio

I bought the NGUI tool but it keep giving me this errors below, Can you help me solve it please, because I already deleted everything and reentall the last update and still this erros.

Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Interaction/UIPlayTween.cs(40,52): error CS0117: `Direction' does not contain a definition for `Forward'
    Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Interaction/UIPlayAnimation.cs(40,52): error CS0117: `Direction' does not contain a definition for `Forward'
    Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Internal/ActiveAnimation.cs(36,46): error CS0117: `Direction' does not contain a definition for `Toggle'
    Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Internal/ActiveAnimation.cs(37,49): error CS0117: `Direction' does not contain a definition for `Toggle'

Thanks

Julio Amanico

23. julioamancio

julioamancio

I bought the NGUI tool but it keep giving me this errors below, Can you help me solve it please, because I already deleted everything and reentall the last update and still this erros.

Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Interaction/UIPlayTween.cs(40,52): error CS0117: `Direction' does not contain a definition for `Forward'
    Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Interaction/UIPlayAnimation.cs(40,52): error CS0117: `Direction' does not contain a definition for `Forward'
    Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Internal/ActiveAnimation.cs(36,46): error CS0117: `Direction' does not contain a definition for `Toggle'
    Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Internal/ActiveAnimation.cs(37,49): error CS0117: `Direction' does not contain a definition for `Toggle'

Thanks

Julio Amanico

24. merlin981

merlin981

Hi Julio,

Those are errors from the NGUI package, not from my script package. You'll need to contact the NGUI developer. Their support forum is: http://www.tasharen.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

Thanks,
    Philip

25. merlin981

merlin981

Without seeing the list of warnings you're seeing, I can only give you general advice - If you're only seeing warnings, you should be able to ignore them (most of the time)

26. Alarial

Alarial

After latest update, I started seeing FSM errors on the Camera - Scene Loader prefab. I also recently updated NGUI, so I opened up a project with updated NGUI (3.0.0) and original NGUI (2.7.0) and saw the problem on both. I haven't tried opening an older version of Playmaker NGUI Scripts yet.

$2013-09-23_21-46-11.png

27. Alarial

Alarial

By the way... thanks for the awesome package! :) I apologize that my first post was reporting a problem. This is exactly what I needed to link things together.

28. merlin981

merlin981

Hello Alarial,

Is that from the scene pre-loader demo scene?

29. Alarial

Alarial

Yes, is probably where it is used. It is just the Camera - Scene Loader prefab under Playmaker NGUI Scripts => Prefabs. Sorry for not making the screenshot wider to show the object path.

I suppose I should mention, although it may be assumed, that I am not actually using this prefab anywhere. Playmaker FSM errors just show that there is an issue with an FSM attached to a prefab in my project.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  30. merlin981

merlin981

You have to create the objects for your scene... the progressbar, label, etc. You can copy the ones from the demo scene, or create your own NGUI version of them.

31. Alarial

Alarial

Ahh, I see. If I get rid of the demo folder, everything is right in the world again. I knew I wasn't using it, but I didn't think about the demo scene using it. Thanks for the reply.

32. merlin981

merlin981

Good, I'm glad you got it working

33. goat

goat

So have you tested this with nGUI 3.0, PlayMaker 1.74, Unity 3.4.2.1f4?

34. merlin981

merlin981

This asset requires at least Unity 3.5. I have tested against the latest version of NGUI, PlayMaker, and Unity 3.5, 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2

35. merlin981

merlin981

New version submitted to Unity, should be live in a few days.

This new version has the following new items:
    * Added “NGUI Scrollbar Change Listener"
    * Added “NGUI Scrollbar Get Value”
    * Added “NGUI Scrollbar Set Value”
    * Added new demo scene for scrollbar actions

The demo scene shows to set the scrollbar, listen for scroll changes, and read the value of the scrollbar.

Attached Files:

36. GrooGadgets

GrooGadgets

Heya Merlin,

I bought your assets a few weeks ago and I must say that it has saved me countless hours of work, thank you!

I have a question regarding colors; is it possible to have GUI elements and widgets point to a "master" color then when I call the "Ngui set widget color" action it changes the color of all elements and widgets that point to that color?

I ask this because I would like to have different color themes for my GUI and currently I would have to set the color for each GUI element manually.

Is this currently possible or would it require a custom script/action?

Cheers,

Simon

37. merlin981

merlin981

Hi Simon,

I could create a script that accepts a list of widgets, and a single color, then would update all widgets with that color. Would this work for you?

38. merlin981

merlin981

Simon,

I've added the new NguiSetWidgetColorMulti action, but I have to wait for the current submission to Unity to be approved (should be today or tomorrow). Once it's approved, I'll submit this new version with your new action.

Thanks,
    Philip

39. GrooGadgets

GrooGadgets

Hey Philip,

Thank you so much for you speedy response! Can't wait to try out the new action.

Thanks again,

Simon

40. merlin981

merlin981

I've submitted the new action for review. It probably won't be available until Monday or Tuesday though. It takes them a while to review and approve some times.

41. greay

greay

I'm seeing this, too, but I've got NGUI (v3.0.1) in my project. Also:

Assets/Playmaker NGUI Scripts/Scripts/Playmaker Actions/NguiSceneLoaderObjList.cs(86,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UILabel' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Not sure how to fix...

42. merlin981

merlin981

If you're seeing that error, then you don't have all the NGUI scripts in your project. UILabel is a script from NGUI. Please re-import NGUI into your project.

43. greay

greay

Oh, man, I feel stupid. I thought the NGUI v3.0.1 in the package was a static library. It's another package, though. Importing that fixed the errors (but now there's lots of warnings). The warnings I can fix.

44. merlin981

merlin981

No worries. I missed it too, the first time I upgrade my NGUI package.

45. merlin981

merlin981

Latest version of PlayMaker NGUI Scripts is now live in the Asset Store, with new actions (such as Ngui Set Widget Color Multi).

46. LaralynM

LaralynM

This may be obvious, but I'm new to PlayMaker and to NGUI. Is there a way to prevent clicks on NGUI objects from being passed through to Unity gameobjects below? When I looked into it, I saw a few ways to address it via script, but I'd prefer to keep it all in PlayMaker. Thanks!

47. SteveB

SteveB

Just a heads up:

I had duplicate classes for ColorFromString and StringCompareMulti between your Extensions and NGUI scripts.

Promptly updating Extensions, I see you fixed it to a degree, renaming them ColorFromString2 and StringCompareMulti2, but I still had to rename the classes in each by adding 2 to the end of each in your code.

That or I'm a noob and missed something else entirely?

-Steve

48. johnny12345

johnny12345

not sure if this is my fault but soon as I imported the new package I got this show up,any ideas
    Playmaker NGUI Scripts/Scripts/Playmaker Actions/NguiSliderValueToPercentLabel.cs(71,40): warning CS0618: `UISlider.sliderValue' is obsolete: `Use 'value' instead'

49. nilton_felicio

nilton_felicio

I've told the developer about it. He said it can be ignored. I think it should be fixed, and there are several warnings like this

50. merlin981

merlin981

HI LaralynM, that's really an NGUI question. I did a quick Google search, and found one possible answer for you. If this doesn't work, I'd recommend visiting the NGUI Forums (http://www.tasharen.com/forum/)