Search Unity

Question Playing YouTube Videos in Unity: VideoPlayer Component Not Supported

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by chaima_izouarhn, May 1, 2023.

1. chaima_izouarhn

chaima_izouarhn

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project in Unity where I need to play a YouTube video. I am using the Google.Apis.YouTube.v3 to get the video information, but I am having trouble playing the video in Unity.

I have tried using the VideoPlayer component in Unity, but it does not support YouTube video URLs. Is there any way to play a YouTube video in Unity? I have searched online and found some solutions that involve downloading the video and converting it to a supported format, but I would prefer to avoid that if possible.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
    chaima

tubeshorts likes this.
  2. The_Island

The_Island

Unity Technologies

The VideoPlayer only supports direct access to the file, which to my knowledge Youtube doesn't support.

3. chaima_izouarhn

chaima_izouarhn

Thank you for your response. We appreciate your help in clarifying that the VideoPlayer component in Unity only supports direct access to the file, which YouTube does not support. Do you have any suggestions for alternative solutions to play a YouTube video in Unity that does not require downloading and converting the video? We would greatly appreciate any advice you can provide on this matter. Thank you in advance.