Search Unity

Playing videos using WebGL on IOS - Is it even possible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KarloE, Jan 30, 2021.

1. KarloE

KarloE

Hello,

I am having trouble with using video player on iOS WebGL. I understand that mobile webgl is not officially supported but most of the stuff works, however I haven't found a way yet to make this work.

Videos work fine on PC, Mac and Android. However on iOS they simply don't show. Seems to me that they never actually load. I didn't manage to get any error, it just won't work.

I tried about 10-14 different Unity versions from the newest ones down to Unity 2019.1. Nothing works. Tried multiple video formats, multiple setups, no luck. Tried multiple iOS devices as well.

No luck.

There are posts on the forums that talk about it being possible somehow and certain people "that did it" but I am yet to find an example project that actually does it, or even just a project preview. Did anyone actually managed to do it? Is the source of the problem known?

BTW I did see this : https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...webgl-builds-when-the-video-is-loaded-via-url

I tried all the versions listed as fixed. No help. I tried all the versions from the comments, no help.

As said, the goal is to make it work on iOS. Works fine on everything else.

Help. :)