Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Playing animtion in timeline in absolute reference

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Roy-Massaad1, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Roy-Massaad1

Roy-Massaad1

I have the follow scene setup

I got an avatar intro animation into a room, and an outro out from that room

the animations have the offset inside them properly to enter and exist the player avatar where i want them to

if i play them in the timeline, they play were they should

now in gameplay mode, the player can move around the avatar between the intro and outro

this causes a problem on the outro in the timeline in gameplay mode

because mainly it doest not play the outro in absolute reference like i am expecting, but relative to where the player current is when the outro is fired

i read elsewhere here this is the default behavior for animation controllers, but is there a way to get around this ?

i dont want the timeline clips i add to always play relative to where the player they control is

sometimes i want them to do that, but sometimes like in this scenario i dont

unityunity