Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayerSettings.statusBarHidden not working

Discussion in 'Android' started by sumeeton, Mar 14, 2015.

1. sumeeton

sumeeton

What's wrong with Unity on Android these days. Each day a new problem.
    I changed my PlayerSettings to:
    DefaultOrientation - Portrait Upside Down
    StatusBarHidden - False

The app doesn't show the status bar even after these changes. And to add more to my woes, colliders don't work properly. They seem to be misplaced from the objects. Irritating and annoying. These features are useless. I have to just stick to the basics and cannot take the full advantage of what Unity promises.

2. bitter

bitter

Unity Technologies

Have you filed bugs on these issues? As far as I know we have no reports on statusbar or reversedPortrait not working. There are some bugs filed on colliders, please check the issue tracker but if you can't find something that resembles your situation please file a bug on that too.

3. bitter

bitter

Unity Technologies

Oh, I may know what the status bar problem is. Are you running on a KitKat or Lollipop device with support for immersive mode? If so I think that immersive mode hides the status bar when applied. Try setting Screen.fullScreen to false and see if that helps.

4. sumeeton

sumeeton

I'm targetting API Level 16 Jelly Bean. I tried setting fullscreen to false. Still the app takes fullscreen and doesn't show the status bar, although the colliders seems to have moved down a little from the objects. I think by the height of the status bar.

5. bitter

bitter

Unity Technologies

Thank you, I managed to reproduce this on one of my devices. If you could still file a bug and post the case number here that would be great.

6. sumeeton

sumeeton

Yup, I did. Case# 680724

Thank you!

7. bitter

bitter

Unity Technologies

Thanks, I fixed the issue. I'll push the fix to a patch release as soon as I get confirmation from QA it doesn't cause any regressions.

8. sumeeton

sumeeton