Search Unity

PlayerSettings.SetPropertyString not working

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by b4th, Nov 14, 2016.

1. b4th

b4th

I'm trying to put together an editor script to automatically build to a VR device. In Unity 5.4, heterogeneous support was added for multiple VR SDKs, so setting PlayerSettings.virtualRealitySupported = true is no longer enough to prepare a VR-ready build - the specific supported SDKs need to be selected.

From looking through the PlayerSettings API, I stumbled across the deprecated property PlayerSettings.stereoscopic3D, which had the following [Obsolete] message:

"Use SetPropertyString("VR::devices", "stereo") instead"

This gave me hope that this property string might define the list of supported VR SDKs. I tried calling this method, but was thrown the following error message:

"EditorOnlyPlayerSettings property VR::devices::VR::devices not inititalized." [sic]

I had the same issue when trying to read the value with GetPropertyString. When calling the method with a specific build target, i.e. Android, I got the following error message:

"EditorOnlyPlayerSettings property Android::VR::devices not inititalized."

I suspect that there is an issue in the PlayerSettings SetPropertyString and GetPropertyString methods, where settings that apply to all platforms (BuildTargetGroup.Unknown), are not having their key constructed properly - the input string is being concatenated with itself (VR::devices::VR::devices) instead of being left unmodified (VR::devices).

Can anybody at Unity confirm this issue? Is there a fix coming in the near future, possibly in the next Daydream Technical Preview?

Sergsar likes this.
  2. Sergsar

Sergsar

No changes.
    Trying to disable HW Statistics through API
    PlayerSettings.SetPropertyBool("submitAnalytics", true, BuildTargetGroup.Unknown)
    Throws error:
    Unknown Property: 'submitAnalytics::submitAnalytics'
    Furthermore: compiler outputs 'deprecated' warning. But no ability to set this setting through API.