Search Unity

Resolved 'PlayerSettings' does not contain a definition for 'SetVirtualRealitySDKs'

Discussion in 'VR' started by katreniacarroll, May 26, 2021.

1. katreniacarroll

katreniacarroll

I've been trying to figure out why this isn't working. I've been trying to build a model for VRChat but I always get this. I've tried the 2D version and the 3D version and I still get this popping up and I can't figure out how to fix it. I have Oculus turned on in XR Plug in and the Oculus asset set in and nothing. This only pops up when I add the VRchat import. I've looked everywhere online to adjust it and they all still have the older version of Unity with the XR settings still being in player settings.

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

SetVirtualRealitySDKs is a Legacy VR API that was removed in 2020. I don't know what VRChat is, but from your description it sounds like a unity package from the asset store? Either way, I'd report that API issue to whomever created that package.

3. ReidParker1999

ReidParker1999

Did you ever figure this out? I'm also trying to create a vrchat model and when I get to the step of adding the Avatar Descriptor it can't find it, and I suspect it has something to do with this error.

4. swirlate

swirlate

The SDK 3.0 VRChat has on their website only worked for me if I used Unity version 2019.4.29f1, available as a download version choice in the Unity Hub. Had this same issue, just kept uninstalling and reinstalling versions of Unity until it worked, and this one seemed to do the trick. Hope it helps.

Reflvct likes this.
  5. summeywummey

summeywummey

this worked for me too. using SDK 3 for avatars.

6. Hyraelle

Hyraelle

This answer also worked for me. Thanks you.

Since this has helped me access the control panel, now it tells me which version is up to date for vrchat SDK ; 2019.4.31f1

7. shibi2017

shibi2017

you should use the Vrchat Recommend version of Unity. now is 2019.4.31f1.

8. BegrudgingDjinn

BegrudgingDjinn

Can confirm this works. Was running into this exact issue too. I had to make a new project (you HAVE to use Version 2019.4.31 which can be found here, from the start of the project. Converting it to the older version didn't work) and redo my steps to get the model changed. It's working now for me, thank you all and I hope my explanation helps anyone who makes a similar mistake.

roseywoseyy likes this.
  9. beam_27

beam_27

Installed Version 2019.4.31, then installed the android sdk, then tried adding SetVirtualRealitySDKs and ran into this error still. Not sure what I'm doing wrong :(

Edit: when you first download and install unity hub, it will prompt you to install Unity. My problem was that I clicked install that one, because I thought it was the 2019.4.31 version I had downloaded already. I didn't notice it was the wrong one because the version numbers were so similar! The current version of Unity shows at the top of the window, for anyone else who's lost and just starting with this program.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  10. Lunar_MoonChan

Lunar_MoonChan

It still doesn't work for me

11. balsam0

balsam0

Is there a way to run 2021+ version of unity and get around this? What has
    Code (CSharp):
    1. GetVirtualRealitySDKs
    been replaced by?

12. goshaprolol4804

goshaprolol4804

Not work too

13. skoofegames

skoofegames

im getting error code CS0117: 'AnimationExporter' Does not contain a definition for GetAnimationClips as well as a ImportFBX warning while trying to upload an Avatar to vrChat

14. raisa69

raisa69

Hello balsam0, did you resolve this issue? Is it possible to do without going back to unity 2019? Thanks!

15. PixelFireXY

PixelFireXY

Bump, this is marked as resolved but it's not. Using an older version of Unity it's not a valid solution

16. Fairpl3x

Fairpl3x

VRChat relies on a specific version of Unity that is clearly indicated here, and going against that inevitably results in issues. You shouldn't report issues for unsupported Unity versions.