Search Unity

Players making fake purchases

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Nadan, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Nadan

Nadan

Hi,

Recently on my lastest game, some players have used lots of money for IAP. I can see this on my game events, as well as Facebook SDK statistics. But there is no sign of purchases on Google Play Console or App Store Connect. Players have all the products in their game, and they have not used the restore button. So they get every IAP for free.

There are also purchases made that are working by other players. So it's working otherwise.

Is this cheating common? Are they using some software to do this?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Are you using receipt validation? Do the purchases work correctly in your testing? On Android, yes it is quite common unfortunately.

3. Nadan

Nadan

I'm not sure. I use the Simple IAP System asset that I purchased from the asset store.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/add-ons/services/billing/simple-iap-system-12343

I think that it's ok. Most of the purchases work correctly. Lately, there have just been new users that get these free IAPs.

I could remove everything from those players based on their UserID when they start the game. But I'm not sure if that is the right way to go. They would only give my games 1-star reviews and do more harm. I guess on the positive side; they like my games because they play them, and that could raise retention stats in app stores a little.

The downside is that my Facebook Analytics revenue data is all messed up because of this. I advertise through them, and I'm not sure if this affects the facebook machine learning on my ads.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You would want to contact support at Simple IAP, I'm not sure how they have implemented receipt verification.