Search Unity

Players falls in the build version but not in the editor

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by leo_dev76, Jan 23, 2020.

1. leo_dev76

leo_dev76

Hi everybody,

I got a problem in my game. The player falls into the ground in the build version but not in the editor. I take the time to load all the objects on the map before instantiating the player. He does have a collider, the terrain too. I can move with the character on the terrain without worries in the Unity editor but not on the build version, which is totally identical.
    In development mode, i don't have any logs or errors..
    Have you any idea? I can give you more specific informations if you need but i don't know what information, it's very strange.

Thanks for your help!

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

It is really hard to say from here. Does the character fall immediately, or fall through the ground as you're moving around? Is it intermittent or does it always happen? Does it happen no matter where you place the character, or only at certain locations? What platform is this for? If for a different platform, what happens when you make a Windows/Mac standalone build?

3. leo_dev76

leo_dev76

The character is freezed by script during 2-3 sec and when its unfreeze, the character fall. it always happen in build version only. Doesn't depend on the location, i have tried with only terrain and its the same. I tried for Windows platform and i have send the game to 3-4 testers and they have the same problem.
    I only have "Failed to clean mesh" in logs, i don't know if it is related.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  4. leo_dev76

leo_dev76

I have found the problem! It is because of a gameobject in the scene

5. leo_dev76

leo_dev76

This problem finally isn't fixed. I got the same problem without reason.. When i build my game i only have this logs:

Attached Files: