Search Unity

Question PlayerPrefs location on Quest

Discussion in 'VR' started by joostbos, Jan 13, 2022.

1. joostbos

joostbos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where the PlayerPrefs are stored on the Quest? It's an Android device and according to the Unity manual on Android they are stored in
    /data/data/pkg-name/shared_prefs/pkg-name.v2.playerprefs.xml

But that folder does not exist on the Quest. I have Android/data/pkg-name/data but nothing like shared_prefs in there.

I searched for *playerprefs.xml in the whole Quest internal storage folder but no matches and I am sure that my application is using playerprefs.

Thanks!

2. Thomas-Mountainborn

Thomas-Mountainborn

Just ran into this as well, and all I can find is your thread. Did you find an answer yet?

3. qparstorferk5

qparstorferk5

While I can't give you an answer as to where the PlayerPrefs are stored on the Meta Quest internal storage, I have a useful piece of information to add here. I found this thread while trying to answer the question: do Meta Quest user accounts share the Unity PlayerPrefs?
    I tested this today and found that the PlayerPrefs are stored per user account on Meta Quest. They are not shared!
    So if User A downloads your game and plays it, then User B downloads and plays on their account on the same Quest, their game instances will use separate PlayerPrefs.