Search Unity

PlayerPrefab to multiple scenes

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by kdarius43, Sep 25, 2017.

1. kdarius43

kdarius43

Hello all,
    I have a very simple game which uses only two computer. I am using unity's Network Manager. I had everything working just fine. I would start the server on one computer and started the client on another. They both played there respective scenes and passed the relevant info back and forth. Now what I wanted to do was while the game is not being played have both the client and server playing a opening scene. So I created the scenes loaded them up my player prefab which i called NetworkScripts (because its not really a player) was spawned the the scenes changed. The issue when the new scene was open NetworkScripts (aka the player prefab) was destroyed. I then tried putting a do not destroy script on it and it was still destroyed... is there anyway I can have the player prefab live through the scenes?

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If I'm not mistaken, it is the Network Manager that destroys it, and you can create a custom Network Manager that can override that behavior. There's other threads on the specifics here you can search for.

3. kdarius43

kdarius43

the first mistake was suning Scenemanager to change scene. I changed it to
    Code (CSharp):
    2.  NetworkManager.singleton.ServerChangeScene ("FlickFootballServer");
    The issue is I want a different scene playing sever and the client and this is change the scene in both the sever and client.