Search Unity

PlayerInput Missing Unity Event Action Responses

Discussion in 'Input System' started by pmurph03, Oct 14, 2019.

1. pmurph03

pmurph03

Went to try to test out how the new Input System works, and the demo itself works even though they appear to missing the events on the PlayerInput component.

2019.2.7f2
    This is the image of the Demo Scene "SimpleDemo_UsingPlayerInput"
    MissingFunctions.png
    As you can see, each target method has missing beside it. And when trying to manually set it to a new method, they also do not show up.
    During play, they do function properly and the methods are called, even though they are still listed as missing.
    The methods are implemented like this in the Demo "SimpleController_UsingPlayerInput.cs":
    ActionCallbacks.png
    Adding your own methods also does not let them show up in the Player Input script.

Expected:
    Available action methods should show up and be selectable.

-

Maybe I'm doing something wrong and unity has hidden a script in the demo that sets these event methods on player input somewhere else. Looking at the Included demo scripts for this scene, this does not seem to be the case.

Additionally the Quick Start Guide, only shows the NewBehaviourScript.SendMessage method being added to the Move event, so possibly this isn't working at all yet, and they were set through a script before being uploaded as a package.

I have to assume it's not supposed to work this way and is a bug, but if it is supposed to work like this, I would also love to know how to properly add and select action responses.

Edit: After looking at github to report a bug I found this currently open bug: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/InputSystem/issues/851

2. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

This is a regression in the Unity core related to UnityEvents. It's fixed in the latest 2019.3 beta and a backport for 2019.2 is under way. I'll go track down the status of that one.

3. pmurph03

pmurph03

Thanks for the response, tried out the package in 2019.1 and it's working as I expected.

Hopefully you didn't mind me posting here, the blog post, and github issues. But I do appreciate the response on all of them.

4. pmurph03

pmurph03

So after trying out in 2019.1.1f1, it appears that MultiTap interactions do not work. If Tap Count > 1 InputAction.CallbackContext.performed is never true regardless of tap spacing/tap duration times used. Tested with various buttons to try to get it to work (left mouse, T [keyboard] and Button South [Gamepad]).

darman77 likes this.
  5. mcoirad

mcoirad

Hey apologies for posting here but this is closest issue I could find to the one I'm encountering. I am trying to set up my own version of the SimpleDemo included in the Input System package but keep encountering a "Missing SimpleController" error as pictured:

In my case the the attached events are not working properly. I am using the latest 2019.3.11f version of Unity Editor. Any idea where this error could be coming from?

Pnvanol likes this.