Search Unity

Player Settings: Virtual Reality supported

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by MPW2019, Apr 20, 2019.

1. MPW2019

MPW2019

Where can i check these? under player settings i cant find these issue.
    Thanks a lot
    Tina

2. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

It's under "XR Settings" at the bottom in Player Settings.

3. RGarren

RGarren

im in 2020 and used to see the setting for XR, but i just reinstalled unity and now i dont see it

4. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

Yes, those settings were removed in Player Settings in Unity 2020 and are now located under "XR Plugin Management" in the Project Settings window.

Unfortunately, though, the new XR plugin management system isn't currently supported by EditorXR, so you'll need to stick with 2018.4 - 2019.3 for now.

5. nous

nous

How can I change the Stereo Rendering Method? I modified it, did an upgrade, and need to move it back.

6. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

I'm not sure exactly. If you are using source control, you could try to revert the .asset file under ProjectSettings that got modified. That's probably something you'll need to ask in the general VR forum: https://forum.unity.com/forums/vr.160/

7. RGarren

RGarren

Thats what ive been doing. Thanks for the reply

8. JyoKad

JyoKad

noooo... what a pain!!!

Dipanjan16 likes this.
  9. oliVRqin

oliVRqin

Was just agonizing over a similar problem, and I'm using Unity 2020.1.9f1 on a Mac; this solution might not work for you cause of different circumstances but it worked for me. My solution was to go to Edit -> Project Settings -> Player -> Under Other Settings, change the minimum API from whatever the default is to 'Marshmallow' Level 23. That's it, worked like a dream. Good luck!

10. smartytizzy1

smartytizzy1

I'm using unity 2020.1.10f1 on window but i cant find virtual reality supported
    am stuck please help

11. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

12. MB_FRAG

MB_FRAG

Is this all that you did? I’m am currently facing the same issue on my iMac as well .

13. SirHanselot

SirHanselot

Hello!

Is there any way to disable VR for Android Builds in Unity 2020.3.4f1? I want to deploy my project to both Quest and phone (without VR). On my phone it always wants to start GearVR after deployment, although i have disabled "Initialize XR on StartUp".

14. SirHanselot

SirHanselot

Hi again!

If found a way to solve this problem.
    1.) You have to uncheck Oculus in your Android XR Plug-in Management to prevent Unity from writing the VR-Tags to your AndroidManifest.xml

upload_2021-4-16_8-13-27.png

2.) The current issue is that the OVRGradleGeneration.cs overrides the automatically generated AndroidManifest.xml and enables VR again, even if its deactivated in Unity. So I just add a simple return statement in the according function, if I want to deploy to "flat" Android:

upload_2021-4-16_8-16-38.png

And it works!!

One note:
    I also tried to supply a custom AndroidManifest.xml in the Assets/Plugins/Android folder, without VR settings, but the Oculus OVRGradleGeneration script runs afterwards, so the VR tags are added again.

In my current situation this is the least invasive action.... to keep everything else untouched. Hope this helps someone. And if you have a better solution, let me know!

Cheers

15. unity_18tucs221

unity_18tucs221

Instead of XR plugin management can anyone say what should I use ?? Any other??

16. Mashimaro7

Mashimaro7

Apparently we still have to use 2019? I can't figure this out, I wonder why Unity decided to remove this feature, I could not get Google Cardboard working until I downgraded...

17. Archi_16

Archi_16

Any news on this?
    I have AR app, i had option to change with into cardboard view, so it was kind of MR, now i cant see the option Virtual Reality SDKs to add cardboard supports

18. hemasree_s

hemasree_s

How to change from tile kind of application to 3D application in unity 2020.3 with WMR XR Plugin Management enabled

19. Archi_16

Archi_16

@amirebrahimi_unity hello. in newer Unity version - 2020.3.15 for example. how to add new XRsupported device. how to remove existing ones. this part is not clear at all.

20. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

21. FinnTH

FinnTH

Did you ever find a more efficient solution to this? Im using unity 2021.3.3f1. If there's a way to be able to build to both normal android and VR without needing to go into code, then that would be great! :)

22. FinnTH

FinnTH

23. airapotz

airapotz

I used Unity 2022.3.10f1, and I can't see the virtual reality support in the player settings. What should I do?

24. mrphilipjoel

mrphilipjoel

Do you have XR Interactions and XR Plugin Integration installed in package manager?

maybe 2022 the settings look different.