Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

player settings deferred/forwars

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by zelmund, Sep 23, 2016.

1. zelmund

zelmund

does anyone see switch option between deferred/forward rendering path in player settings?
    i cant find it now.

2. NickAtUnity

NickAtUnity

Unity Technologies

The settings have moved into the Tier Settings in the Graphics Settings, making it easier to fall back to different rendering paths on lower end machines. If you go to Edit->Project Settings->Graphics you should see the Tier Settings. You can uncheck the "Use Defaults" box to configure the tiers to your liking, including the rendering paths.

Additionally you can set the rendering path on a per camera basis, using the Rendering Path option on the Camera component if you'd like to have some cameras use a different rendering path than the one set in the Graphics Settings. Worth noting is that the Camera component incorrectly says "Use Player Settings" as the default, but that's a known bug in the beta. It should reference the Graphics settings instead.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  3. zelmund

zelmund

in camera it works just fine (ignoring fact about "Use player settings"), but when im editing scene, i want to see all stuff in proper light model. ofc, i understand that its beta and some things not working like we want.

can you tell me than how to switch that Tier settings? i see i can change some options inside but i simply dont know what Tier (number 1, 2 or 3) im using right now. maybe there is a place where i can switch between tiers?

4. NickAtUnity

NickAtUnity

Unity Technologies

Look under Edit->Graphics Emulation. You'll find options to emulate the different tiers as well as shader models. It'll also show you what tier is being used currently.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  5. zelmund

zelmund

ok, i found it, thx alot =)