Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Player movement script problem

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Euromastyx, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Euromastyx

Euromastyx

Hello Forums!
    This is my first post here, so I hope I put this in the right category.
    I'm working on setting up a player with mecanim. I've followed the stealth tutorial with my own character in the past, and it worked just fine.
    With this character, though, I have the animation states, blend trees, parameters, and all that good stuff set up, and it seems to run fine. However, when I tried to add the PlayerMovement script from the tutorial, it says, when creating the private HashIDs, "The type or namespace "HashID's could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"
    Disclaimer: I have very little knowledge of scripting.
    If I comment this out, it comes up with errors wherever hashIDs are referenced. I added the HashIDs script to my game controller, and it came up with errors for every variable. I am running Unity 4.5.5.
    In desparation, I tried importing the sample assets (beta) package from the asset store and using their third person script, but all the scripts have compiler errors and even the included scenes are all broken.
    Am I missing something? If someone could give me some help with setting this up, or point me to a tutorial, that would be awesome!