Search Unity

Question Player Movement in AR game

Discussion in 'AR' started by paroguito, Jun 5, 2023.

1. paroguito

paroguito

Hello everyone, I am currently developing an AR game as my Final Bachelor's Project and I am encountering some issues.

I am utilizing Vuforia, and when the game starts running, the map itself, where my player should move, undergoes coordinate changes. This occurrence is due to Vuforia's imagetarget moving in response to camera movement and other factors.

The gameplay mechanics of my game are relatively straightforward, as the player can only move in one direction at a time. Consequently, I attempted to lock the X and Y coordinates (when moving in the Z-axis) relative to the map itself and solely apply movement along the Z-axis. However, I am uncertain about the implementation process. At present, I have attached a characterController to my player game object and, after using .move(), I attempt to modify its X and Y positions in order to anchor it to the map. Unfortunately, this approach is not yielding the desired results and appears excessively intricate.

Would any of you have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

2. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

3. paroguito

paroguito

I dont know whether or not I need to do something but I cant post in Vuforia forums even tho im logged in

4. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

Vuforia is a separate and unrelated company from Unity, so we can't offer any advice about how to use their forums.